• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Hello from Silly Bubba

Status
Not open for further replies.

dietmar239

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Reaction score
Hello all! My user name is dietmar239. Many have asked what that means. It actually has nothing to do with the word "diet". I studied German in High School and the name stuck so there you have it. However, my close friends call me Silly Bubba. I am 29 and was born in northern Illinois. I also lived in NY for eight years, St. Louis for two and now Columbia, MD. I've been married to a lovely Oklahoman for the past four years who likes her bbq spicy (Texas style). I have a daughter who is now 5 months old and I believe she will have to go through the BBQ 12-step program as well.

For the longest time, I thought that real bbq was directly over a fire and I've had good Que that way in times past. However, about fiveyears ago I stumbled on the indirect method for Que and have been hooked ever since. I've had the $30 cheapy from Walmart for a while, but got frustrated with the lack of heat control and so I gave it to my parents :) Currently, I'm looking into buying a Brinkmann Smoke King, but it looks back ordered for now so we'll see how it goes. In the meantime, I have put together a string of good cooking sessions on a regular pit with a drip pan. My goal has been to improve every single time I cook my ribs and my wife says I have. Slap yo momma bbq is my goal, so in about 5 years I should have AK-47 your momma (just kidding, I luv my mama). Anyway, I'm die hard bbq ribs and that's pretty much me.

Silly Bubba Luvs that Q!
:D

Welcometo the board.Lotsof good info to be found here. I have learned a ton in a short time.

Welcome from a fellow new member. I found my Brinkmann Smoke King at my local Menards for about $200. Good luck.

roger two-three-niner, have you cleared for ribs that will make you throw rocks at anything you've made before. Welcome Brother and get yourself hooked up with that lefty. A trip to the butcher and everything else you need is right here. We got mods, techniques and recipes. You may even catch a bit of jockularity here and there. :wink: Glad to have you with us.

Glad to have you Bubba! Lotsa good info, beer & friends here!

kcquer said:
roger two-three-niner, have you cleared for ribs that will make you throw rocks at anything you've made before. Welcome Brother and get yourself hooked up with that lefty. A trip to the butcher and everything else you need is right here. We got mods, techniques and recipes. You may even catch a bit of jockularity here and there. :wink: Glad to have you with us.

EXACTLY ON TARGET!! Except I use a righty.....

Glad you joined us!

Welcome SB. That Smoke King has a nice looking rib rack (nice rack!). :twisted: The one in the Bandera is damned near useless. :cry:

Thanks so much for the warm welcome! At this point, I'll take a lefty or a righty. Everywhere I call out here in MD tells me the lefties are on back order and I can't find the righties for less than $500. I must be looking in the wrong places. I have contemplated the WSM because of heat control, but I like the space in the lefties/righties and I assume they have pretty decent heat control as well. Any info for a starvin barbecuer?

dietmar, as a student of the site the quick answer to the wsm or dera question is... if you like to tinker (do mods) and tend a fire once or twice an hour for up to 16 hours, dera is your cooker. If you want a set it and forget it rig, go wsm. Just what I've gleaned readin' a lot of old stuff.

Dietmar, baby, welcome.

Isn't there some verb conjugation in german that's pronounced 'will fart'?

Some of us have horizontal smokers. There's quite a variety here, so whatever you get, you'll have someone to talk to here.

Auf Wiedersehen, mein Silly Bubba.

Man, if you lived in Columbia MO instead of Columbia MD, I know where there's four Charbroil Banderas looking for a home. Local HD just got them in. Think maybe your HD could call here and have one transferred?

Home Depot
3215 Clark Lane
Columbia, MO 65202
(573)814-1900

Welcome! Remember that anything worth doing is worth doing well - 'que definately falls into this catagory. I, too, have a horizontal but also use an ECB. Hopefully will get a Bandera one of these days and mainly for the cooking space!

Heck, just order this dawg. Think: Bandera on Steroids! :D

www.gatorpit.net and NO I don't have one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back