yesterday's cookout

SmokeyBear

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Two other guys from work and I threw a cookout for the rest of the folks yesterday. I was in charge of the grilling. I brought my Weber 22.5" OTG, and one of the other guys brought a Charbroil with the side box for me to use as well. I didn't really do anything low and slow, but it turned out well. I cooked 40 hamburgers, 60 hot dogs, 24 brats, and a dozen smoked sausages plus a few chicken breast.

The smoked sausages were the biggest hit. We bought them at Sam's. Some were Cavenaugh brand spicy smoked sausages, and some were Big Guy brand jalapeño and cheddar sausages. The first batch I cooked on the Weber. Later, I put some coals in the main chamber of the Charbroil and put some brats and sausages on the warming wrack and let them go for a while. I put the finishing touch on them on the Weber. I was also putting hot dogs on the warming rack in the Charbroil so that I could easy throw a few on the Weber and have the ready in just a couple of minutes.

One of the other guys has a nice sound system, and he set up several speakers around the facility we were using and had some nice blues music going for us.

No low and slow, but sounds like "MAJOR" fun times! good job!

Way to go Bear.
How was it cooking for a crowd on a set-up you'd never used before?

That Cavenaugh is some fine eating!!!

fil

Well, I have to admit that I actually prefer grilling to low and slow. I hope I don't get kicked out of here for that. :)

As for using the Charbroil unit, the only thing I did in it was heating the dogs and sausages on the warming wrack; so, it wasn't really much of a challenge.

Back