View Single Post
Old 06-26-2011, 07:08 PM   #3
Boshizzle
somebody shut me the fark up.

I like to clean my cookers after each use. I just spent the last hour cleaning mine. I scraped and brushed the grates, sprayed them down with degreaser, let them sit for a few minutes, then rinsed them well with the water hose. Dried them and gave them a light spray of Pam.

I also put foil in the bottom of my cooker. I used paper towels to soak up most of the grease in the bottom, removed the foil, wiped the inside down well, gave it a light spray of pam, and put in new foil. I then wiped the rest of the inside down and gave it a light spray of pam.

I use a pan to catch ash in the firebox. I removed it and dumped the ash, used a shovel to remove the remaining ash in the firebox. Then, used my shop vac to remove the residue. I then wiped down and gave the inside of the firebox a light spray of pam.

Then, I went to work on the outside. I wiped the outside of the firebox down and gave it a coat of high heat paint and waited for it to dry. I then cleaned the outside of the rest of the smoker with degreaser and also gave the outside a light coat of Pam. I also made sure that the hinges and other moving parts were well lubricated with Pam.

A clean pit cooks better BBQ than a rancid one.