View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 10:06 AM   #58
deguerre
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Dogs View Post
I haven't competed in quite a while and hope to get back in to it later this year. That said, I find the new wording sad and another step away from BBQ (traditional BBQ if you will) embracing grilling, etc. and catering to people who haven't a clue as to what BBQ IS and isn't.

If they wanted to help food safety, then word it as such, but without the no parting rule it sure seems like this is now allowed (and endorsed).

Call me crazy (you wont be the first), but I've been rather disappointed as a judge lately with all the MM's coming across the table and chopped pork and pork strings sauced into oblivion. Mind you they make for beautiful presentations, but the taste is almost completely of sauce and along the way we've begun to lose what constitutes BBQ itself.
I like my pork to taste like, well...pork. This is just my personal preference, but I'd like the option to always taste the pork without sauce. If you do have a sauce, that REALLY compliments the meat and not mask it, serve it on the side.
[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog
deguerre is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->