A BBQ for collegues

Hugo

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I haven't been active here for a while as I've been setting up a shop in The Netherlands to supply the Dutch BBQ fan with some awesome US made BBQ rubs and sauces but as business is slowing down because fall is setting in and things are slow at work a have some time to spend with my brethren.

A while ago my manager asked my (after having me annoying him endlesly with my BBQ stories) to organize a BBQ for a few of my collegues. About 20 responded and some brought there partner and kids. In all there where about 35-40 present. As my 16" COS is to small for this quantity I rented a good size offset trailer (21") and we had a great day!

We had ribs, PP, shrimps, salmon, BCC, and two cuts of beef I don't have a translation for. Perhaps Phubar can help me there, jodenhaas & staartstuk.

IMAG0038.jpg

IMAG0039.jpg

IMAG0041.jpg

IMAG0043.jpg

IMAG0044.jpg

IMAG0045.jpg

IMAG0047.jpg

IMAG0048.jpg

IMAG0049.jpg

IMG_8134.jpg

IMG_8137.jpg

IMG_8139.jpg

IMG_8140.jpg

IMG_8147.jpg

IMG_8148.jpg

IMG_8149.jpg

IMG_8152.jpg

IMG_8154.jpg

Can't remember exactly what the translation is for Jodenhaas but staartstuk you can just call picanha.

Next time I'll be there again!:wink:

OK, so one of the beef cuts was picanha (thanx Phuub) and the other cut I don't have a name for but the texture is very similar to tenderloin but this cut is from in between the shoulderblades, it is goooood!

Okay, I found a few website telling me that the second cut (Jodenhaas in Dutch) translates to Jewish fillet or Terrace Major or Faux Tenderloin...

I´m afraid I'll have to ask for a new keyboard. I´ve salivated so much on the keyboard that It won´t work anymore.

Nice work Hugo :wink:
Loads of Pr0n and like zahiratom i also druled on my keybord...:icon_blush:

That firepit/big ass grill is flipping awesome. Love to have one of those in the backyard. It'd put a Weber Ranch to shame. LOL

Absolutely outstanding! Sooooo jealous across the pond. :thumb:

Simple translation......

Wonderful cook, wonderful family, fantasic friends, good food...

PRIDE!

Well done! Hold your heart and sing!!!!!

Cheers!

Bill

Fabulous! You definitely brought 'round some stellar food:thumb:

Looks awesome!! I would love to be there right about now!

What is the fruit on tree above your head? Looks kind of like a quince.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like you had a great time. That's what BBQ is all about. Great lookin Pron :clap2:

I like the orchard and all the nice green grass........oh.....and the FOOD!
Very nice!

Very nice job. Looks like an all day affair. What were the kids roasting? I could not tell from the pic's.Hopefully your BBQ business will get a boost from that great feast ya had.

real good stuff!!! juicy!!! how did you translate from your COS to the rented rig? with no test runs or time for a learning curve, any problems or was it smooth sailing all the way?

Back