The Q-Shelter build is going down this weekend!

Getting new homes setup the way you want are costly, everything looks great John.

John, got a question Did you put those border timbers directly on the ground or on top of gravel and fill it in? I'm thinking about making a gravel area with a covered carport. The wood would be treated but do I need anything under the wood?

John, got a question Did you put those border timbers directly on the ground or on top of gravel and fill it in? I'm thinking about making a gravel area with a covered carport. The wood would be treated but do I need anything under the wood?

Landscape timbers sit on the weed fabric underneath.
They are pegged into the ground with 2’ sections of #3 rebar and then gravel put in

Landscape timbers sit on the weed fabric underneath.
They are pegged into the ground with 2’ sections of #3 rebar and then gravel put in
Thank you. That's what I was thinking especially with the weed cloth but wasn't sure. Your pit looks amazing.

That looks amazing and you'll be having lots of great times there - my only question is: where are the speakers gonna be? Or will it be one of those bluetooth type deals? :rockon:

Here we are almost a month later.

Mrs Porkalot has now out fitted the area with comfy seating and an eating area.

b82b9e4a6d6de482075713b20b42d918.jpg

43611b1c601fe59d5f4b12917b0c1025.jpg

7e49bf0b20117fbe4901f13fea5442f7.jpg

7bc056bc702eb9d3585f2ed422dddc96.jpg

I think it’s gonna work great!

The BBQ spot is looking really good. Your use of gravel has begun to steer me towards that for the fire pit/ open grill area at our new pad here in Knoxville. What’s your plan for the new smoker placement?

The BBQ spot is looking really good. Your use of gravel has begun to steer me towards that for the fire pit/ open grill area at our new pad here in Knoxville. What’s your plan for the new smoker placement?

I like the gravel for several reasons, first and foremost is the fact its fireproof. Grease spills mean a lot less too

New smoker will go right in front, with the back to the sign

John, That is one fine Oasis you have there, and it looks like you have that set up many just dream about, myself included. I know there will be great times spent there and deservedly so.
Thanks for taking us along on the adventure!
Dont forget to post pics of the new rig in her new home and the cooks to come.

Back