DerHusker

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I had a bunch of fries’ leftover from eating at a local burger place that I had saved so I decided to make a popular burrito here in San Diego. It is known as a California Burrito and typically has Carne Asada, French Fries, Frijoles, Cheese, Pico de Gallo, Guacamole, and Mexican Creama. (A 7-layer burrito if you want) Any way I started out making everything and was taking plenty of pics with my phone camera but somewhere in the middle of my cook I somehow (and I have no idea how) set my phone back to “Default” mode. Anyway, I don’t have access to those pics as of now and may never have access to them as they may end up being erased. So, I whipped out my Canon 70S and took the following pics at the end of the cook. I had purchased some Carne Asada and flour tortillas from the Mercado. I made up a bowl of Pico, A bowl of guacamole and some Mexican Rice. (No Pics) I then grilled up the Carne Asada. Here it is on the grill.

I brought this in and diced it up into small squares.

I then started to assemble the burrito. Started out with a nice layer of Mexican Cheese. Then the Carne Asada, Fries and some Pinquito beans.

Then some Pico de Gallo, guacamole and some Mexican Creama.

I rolled it up and placed it on the grill.

Here it is done and ready to cut.

And here are the plated shots with some spicy carrots, Mexican rice and a Modelo Negra.

And a close-up shot.

This was delicious!

Thanks for looking.

Now that's a burrito!
I like mine grilled too. Well done Husker! :grin:

Looks great, the fries are kinda throwing me. I guess, why not?

Not sure how the winner is going to pick the next throwdown. This one is getting pretty competitive.

Your photography is divine,the Burritos don't look bad either. :wink:

Back