No garnish presentation?

bluewhackadoo

Found some matches.
Reaction score
We have our first comp of the season coming up and it's a no garnish, no foil, just a box full-o-meat!

Any tips or pics? I'm thinking babybacks could be a real trick to keep them from rollin around :)

MMmmm meat-box, I'm hungry now!

We have our first comp of the season coming up and it's a no garnish, no foil, just a box full-o-meat!

Any tips or pics? I'm thinking babybacks could be a real trick to keep them from rollin around :)

Put in a lot more meat than you normally would. If it's allowed, put tinfoil on the bottom of the turn-in box to avoid melting the styrafoam.

WilliePallooza is a no garnish event. Monitor the thread there to see if people post pictures of their turn-ins.

Good luck!

Eric

Excellent I'll watch the WilliePallooza posts. No foil allowed in this event but it's also the new recycled containers which I'm hoping won't melt quite as easy as the styrofoam ones. Thanks again!

Google search for MBN presentations. We normally put in 2 rib slices because the definition is "pull cleanly from the bone". 6 2-bone pieces fill a box nicely, 3 over 3.

facebook_-395504169jpg.jpg

We just did a "no garnish" comp... although we were allowed a foil sheet in the bottom, especially in the chicken boxes since it comes off and boxed pretty hot! The advice we got was just as Motoeric said.... Fill 'em up!!! Thats what we did and were pretty happy with the results. Good Luck:thumb:

If HiY'all doin' has time on Saturday, stop by the Left Hand Smoke "How to build a Drum smoker" seminar. We could probably do a No garnish box demonstration as well.

That FBA link and pics were QUITE helpful, Thanks!

We'll definitely come pick your brain Saturday Brian! And maybe give some how not to build a drum smoker tips too :)

If HiY'all doin' has time on Saturday, stop by the Left Hand Smoke "How to build a Drum smoker" seminar. We could probably do a No garnish box demonstration as well.

Brian...I'm picturing putting greens of meat!! :becky:

Back