Overkill???

I would of lit up a smokey joe from my mini and did the potatos in that instead of using a uds. But to each their own!

Not at all. Nothing like getting the fire going, cranking open a cold one and throw even one shrimp on:mrgreen: I just love the process. Ok maybe the food too.

I probably would have thrown something else on, but I've been known to fire up the Performer for 1 burger.

I cook for myself at least 5 nights a week so don't feel bad. At least 3 of those nights my Performer gets fired up and sometimes my mini-WSM for just me some pulled pork to eat and freeze. If I'm lazy I'll get the gasser ripping hot but that's pretty rare, can't beat real fire.

Never heard of smoking taters though. Sounds interesting, I usually just roast em in the oven after I dice and par-boil em.

Sometimes I am outside - not hungry at all - don't plan on cooking nothing - through some scrap wood in and fire it up just because I like the smell of it. :wink:

Sometimes I am outside - not hungry at all - don't plan on cooking nothing - through some scrap wood in and fire it up just because I like the smell of it. :wink:
I've been known to do the same thing with my open pit. Build a fire Friday after work and continually feed the wood to it all weekend just in case I decide to cook.

It is amazing how many "new friends" you can make when the folks in the neighborhood backtrack the smoke. It seems that more often than not, every time the UDS gets fired up, We have a lot more families taking walks in the neighborhood, (at least into our cul-de-sac). I think that it would be a fair statement to say "that I am promoting not only BBQ, put family time and exercise as well". Who knows, maybe a block party in the future.

From what I can tell, there's no such thing as overkill when it comes to the family UDS.

I don't think there are any limits to what will/has been done with these beautiful things.

Back