Week 18 BBQ Brethren Throwdown - "Roasts"

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
With the departing of JD McGee as moderator of this much beloved weekly ritual, I have decided to fill in and keep the fun rolling along! Many thanks to JD for coming up with this excellent idea.:eusa_clap

In getting this thing set up this week, I realized we did not yet know what this weeks category would be. The most recent one was Mops, Sauces and Glazes as chosen by Thirdeye after he won the Kabob Throwdown in week 15. Week 16 was Cheese, and the winner (Ricks Tropical Delight) was just now announced.

In order to get this started, I am going to pick the first category, but will honor the existing format and let Ricks pick from the win in the Cheese category be next weeks throwdown category. I hope everyone is OK with this.

This weeks catogory is...

"Roasts"

Here are the rules...

1) It has to be grilled or smoked.
2) It has to be cooked during the current throwdown week (1/26 - 2/1).
3) All pics (any number) must be submitted by 9pm Central on Monday 2/2.
4) Only one pic will be used for voting, so please specify which one you want used, otherwise I will choose.

The voting will begin on Monday evening 2/2 after I submit the "Vote" thread!

Best of luck and even better eats to all!:cool:

:lol:I better get to thawing!:lol:

Before anyone asks, any roast will do. Pork, Beef, Peef, Game, sliced, chopped, pulled, whatever. It's pretty wide open in a lot of ways.:wink:

just skip me, i don't want to pick.

go roasts! :biggrin:

Nice win Rick you probably would have picked roasts anyways. Trust me when I say I don't even want to look at a roast you take a pic of. Somebody would catch me with my tongue on the computer screen.

Thanks for picking this up, Chris. Sounds like a Roast Beast is in order :-D

And everyone... A big round of applause for outgoing Throwdown master, JD! Thanks for the fun!
th_smiley-clapping.gif

it might end up being pate' of yak or eye of newt :biggrin:

pot roast

superbowl-005.jpg

looks like the throwdowns are over.

Thanks to all previous and present for taking on the duties of the throwdowns.I love looking at all the entries every week. Every week I learn someting new.
And Thirdeye..are those as crispy as they look? Man them look good!!

Oops, I knew I was forgetting something this week.....The closest I got to a roast was some tri-tip steaks. :biggrin:

DSC06850JPGa.jpg

Wow, short list of entries ths week!:biggrin: But were any of thee cooked according to the rules?:confused:

Mine was cooked Saturday, on my BGE.

3245035535_95245e542b.jpg

I hate to only win by default, though!

Wow, short list of entries ths week!:biggrin: But were any of thee cooked according to the rules?:confused:

ummmm... yes. i did the pot roast on superbowl sunday specifically for this throwdown.

I didn't say I win... But a win with 2 of us is not the same.

Back