Welfare Wagon Mods.

Doorbusters

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I have officially upgraded the wagon. I now have a (junk)Brinkman Bandera back to back with my NB Bandera. Only thing left to do is remount my Wildcat flagpole. I cannot get over the difference in quality from the NB to the Brinkman. I am gonna have to do extensive work on both doors just to get them to seal worth a fark. Does anyone have a newer model they can offer tips on. The newer doors have little springs on the handles, my old one does not. Do they serve a purpose? Not that I can see.
All I have left is the fire basket and baffle and she is ready!

Other than driveway cooks, the GAB will be her maiden voyage! 6:00 Friday we shall christen the ol' wagon! With a bottle of PBR! (the new pit may break).

My BSKD is only about three years old. You (or anyone) can have her for $150. There is rust.

The springs on the handles are so you don't burn your hand on the handle. The air around the spring helps keep it cool to touch.

To seal the door I used the orange high temp silicone. You can get it at walmart in the auto section.

My door sat too low and would rub on the top when I closed the door. I put washers on the hinges to raise the door.

Not the cool-touch springs on the outside, I am referring to the inside on the mechanism where it latches. It almost looks as if they are supposed to be a spacer between the door and the latch itself.

Back