14.5" Weber Smokey Mountain Available Now

Weber actually introduced a 14.5" WSM in 1981, there is a great article on the history of the WSM at the bullet site. I'm sure Weber will sell a ton of them!

I don't envision one on my deck anytime soon, because my Cajun Bandit Mini fits the bill much better than a small bullet.

IMG_2792.jpg

IMG_2793.jpg

I haven't gone the tamale pot route, and don't get all the diffuser mods etc. Because I found this cool steel vacuum canister!

IMG_3523.jpg

I've used it with the old style SJ with 3 daisy vents JSJ and SJG vents and never had any major issues as long as the intake vents were clear.

I settled on a UDS intake and never looked back.

IMG_3511.jpg

Even made a rotisserie ring for them!

IMG_4365.jpg

IMG_4388.jpg

Go Weber- C'mon Cajun Bandit!!

Gonna wait to get one off Craigslist once people realize they can't fit ribs flat on the grate:wink:

Seriously, love my WSM, Mini and Cajun Bandit conversion but just can't justify picking up a 14.5" at this time...

I can fit 3 slabs of ribs in my mini .. cut in half of course :) But super yummy none-the-less!

Yair . . . How things are different. I went into the shop owned by the largest barbecue retailer in Australia (Weber retailers) and asked to see WSM.

Had to explain to the salesman it was a bullet looking thing and he remembered that they had one in last year but couldn't sell it.

They had no intention of stocking them and I asked could they get one in on special order. Well yes they could for $680.00. I told them to give it a miss.

In Australia the flat plate grill and griddle reigns supreme.

Cheers

Why did Weber do this to me? I worked hard to get over my outdoor cooker addiction. I'm down to 3 on the deck and 1 spare and have vowed to live with what I have.

I'll be looking for posts like the one above saying you can't put a full slab on it other reasons why I don't need one. I know you guys won't let me down.

No addiction support

I sold two Weber WSM's and an Akorn when I bought my Pit Barrel Cooker. I was trying to calm my addiction as people were starting to talk in front of my back :) Then my wife overhears me ragging on my brothers and friends for their made in Mexico uppity green cookers. She figures I need some cooking methadone treatment (she is a Made in USA girl through and through)and buys me a made in USA Primo XL with stainless cart and 6 most popular accessories along with a couple years worth of John Henry rubs/spices.

There is just no family support for some addictions.
And I am thankful for that.

ohhh! I'm probably going to see if those handled grates and charcoal basket will fit my homemade mini!

Back