• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Sweet Baby Ray's on sale!

Carbon

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
SBR's in several flavors are on sale this week at Albertson's. $1 for each 18oz bottle. I picked up 4 dozen bottles a couple of years ago when Vons had a similar sale going.
This is cheaper than Restaurant Depot's $10/gallon SBR's if you do the math.

Stuff used to be awesome, now the company is just to big and their quality is suffering drastically. Any bbq sauce that the main ingredient is high fructose corn syrup, not for me, sounds like cheap filler to maximize profits. We used to buy this stuff back in the 80's and it was fantastic, the new recipe may look the same, but tastes nothing like the original.

Stuff used to be awesome, now the company is just to big and their quality is suffering drastically. Any bbq sauce that the main ingredient is high fructose corn syrup, not for me, sounds like cheap filler to maximize profits. We used to buy this stuff back in the 80's and it was fantastic, the new recipe may look the same, but tastes nothing like the original.

Agreed. I try to avoid HFCS.

I used to love SBR.

Now, my family begs me to keep buying Jack's Old South Hickory sauce. It really is awesome stuff. Excellent on ribs, brisket, pulled pork and chicken.

To be a, "Chatty Farker" you should know what's in, SBR.

The vendors and recipes on this sight are second to none!

I like anything Blues Hog. Especially like mixing Tennessee Red and Smokey Mountain 50/50.

It is always on sale no matter where I go these days. I wonder if the company is having problems moving product? And by everywhere I mean everywhere, gas stations and all.

I saw you said Albertson's....

I just checked my local Acme (owned by Albertson's) flyer and they have Sweet Baby Ray's on sale as you said, $1.00 a bottle.

I like SBR's for a commercial sauce. I too like to avoid HFCS, but in a pinch, it's decent stuff.

For people in central Texas, Randalls' is also owned by the same people as Albertson's, and may have the same sale.

I like SBR's for a commercial sauce. I too like to avoid HFCS, but in a pinch, it's decent stuff.

For people in central Texas, Randalls' is also owned by the same people as Albertson's, and may have the same sale.

Randall's is actually owned by Safeway. Randall's, Genuardi's, Carrs, Dominick's & Vons are all regional divisions of Safeway.

its a good base sauce . You just have to add a little spice to it

Try the hickory and brown sugar, the only sauce i buy. I really want to make my own, but am unsure where to start, since most sauces are spicy (never understood this whole everything needs to be spicy fad thats going around). I want a sweet, smokey, tangy, thick sauce without all the spicy. It seems difficult to find a recipe and am not sure where to start.

The only place to start is to start. By that i mean you know your tastes.Try puting them in a sauce . I have put a lot of my sauces down the drain. with a funny look on my face but i took notes and i didn't do them again. If you like S B R S GO FOR IT BUT TRY SOME OF YOUR FLAVORS IN IT ... i CUT IT WITH BEER :mrgreen:. I am not going to the nurseing home saying i wish i would have tryed something

Back