• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Reverse flow smoker build finished Pics by TQ and Tyler

Two quick questions here;

1.) How do you open up the propane tanks, without any residual propane exploding?

2.) Is there any effect of the smell of the propane/heating oil left in the smoker after the build?

bo_gator no there is no residule at all. A lot of people fill with water before cutting along with dawn detergent and then cut. You can fill with argon or nitrogen if there is no o2 present then it cant ignite. I work in a refinery and have gone through many hours of training. As far as a smell or taste I mean you cook with propane, I just do a good burnout with pecan and hickory when I open the tank up no problem at all. I have a brother and nephew in Waynesville. My nephew is a detective and my brother is a retired CPA. Brad and Bueford Shirley are their names

Dang Tuscaloosa...Great work!! I even like the VW! :-D

Thats awesome. I have a small trailer like that and am currently looking for a tank to start a build. Great work.

Thanks cowgirl, I love my 1967 beetle me and Tyler are going to totally restore it, it is a head turner and is the same model I learned to drive in. Funny thing I moved to a private school in the 9th grade and my dad took me to school in a 1968 beetle with 1 front seat i was sitting on a 5 gallon bucket. when I got out of the car kids looked and kinda thought he is from the other side of the tracks. LOL

Lake Dogs Paint---- Trailer primer was devo tank and vessel it is the best. Top coat devo tank and vessel paint. cooker--- Rustoleum 1200 degree sprayed with hvlp gun, do not cut this paint. Also on fire box used some rustoleum (Ultra) rattle can good stuff

that fabrication is awesome, my welding looks like a flock of pigeons flew over:cry:. Let us know how it works!

Back