2nd WSM Brisket

NorthwestBBQ

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I cooked a high heat packer that I separated the point from the flat. Cooked it at 300F for 3 hours then foiled them till they reached 203F. Came out great. :-D

DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg

DSC_0027.jpg

DSC_0028.jpg

DSC_0029.jpg

DSC_0034.jpg

DSC_0036.jpg

Last edited:
First off it looks good, but....Were you practicing a turn in box? Because, first cut the brisket on 90 degrees from the grain not parrallel to the grain like you did, and you need 6 pieces in a turn in box. As for the garnish, you need less, or more to be even all around the meat. Think of it as a frame to a piece of art, if you notice it either you have to much or not enough.

First off it looks good, but....Were you practicing a turn in box? Because, first cut the brisket on 90 degrees from the grain not parrallel to the grain like you did, and you need 6 pieces in a turn in box. As for the garnish, you need less, or more to be even all around the meat. Think of it as a frame to a piece of art, if you notice it either you have to much or not enough.

I do compete and the box was made up for my neighbor. I did not cut the meat like you said (I cut it across the grain) like this "real" turn in box. 8th place brisket at the PNWBA Evergreen State Championship in Seattle, WA. Perfect 9 on appearance! :-D

DSC_0249.jpg

Last edited:
How do you get it to look so moist? Is that a paint on glaze? I dont compete but would sure like to get my briskey to look like that.

Looks inspirational!

may have to run out to Sam's and get one to put on the WSM later today -- looks great and now I'm hungry! :grin:

You are correct about me slicing it along the grain. I looked at some leftover slices and saw it. Too late at night and too much Tequila! :lol:
Still tasted great though. :-D

Back