• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Rib Vending / Catering?

Greendriver

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
If you were going to do a large amount of ribs for vending / catering would you skip the 3-1-1 thing and just cook them till they were done; do the 3-1-1 but use pans; or do the 3-1-1 and just plan to be using up a pile of foil?

Thanks,

If you were going to do a large amount of ribs for vending / catering would you skip the 3-1-1 thing and just cook them till they were done; do the 3-1-1 but use pans; or do the 3-1-1 and just plan to be using up a pile of foil?

Thanks,

Could you imagine the coin you'd spend in foil???
Your not doing comp rib's, cook all the way and hold to serve...:wink:

What about the chin meat - assuming you st louie them - what do yo do with all that chin meat???

What about the chin meat - assuming you st louie them - what do yo do with all that chin meat???

For large amounts, I usually buy mine pre-trimmed from a meat purveyor. They cost a bit more, but not so much as the scrap + my time to trim them.

When I do trim my own, I'll cook the scrap seperately and eat it on sandwiches or put it in beans or soup, or just eat it out of hand.

I got a tip for the chin meat here on the board.... Grind it up for home made fatties or sausage.

I'm of the school that says cook it, then add to beans. Man they are so good that way. I have no vending experience (yet) but I gotta believe a person could make some cash on some good beans in addition to the ribs...

Back