Lincoln IL Contest

jbrink01

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Thanks to Chris Graue and his committee for a great event. They were always available with ice, trash was removed constantly, nice crowds, great location, clean power and awesome prize money. THANK YOU!:thumb:

Put this one on your schedule for next year boys!

Trucky1008 and I, Trucky9754 from Pork Patrol BBQ competed in "Up In Smoke On The Square" down in Lincoln, Illinois this weekend. We met a bunch of great teams and made some real good friends down there. I want to congratulate B&B BBQ & Catering for your Grand Champion and Gilly's BBq for Reserve. I also want to thank Chris Graue and his entire crew for putting on an excellent event. The people of Lincoln proved to be very polite individuals and we well be joining you guys again next year.
Pork Patrol BBQ got two walks yesterday in Chicken and Ribs so we were pretty excited about this. There were a bunch of great teams down there and I am sure this new event will only grow larger in the future.

Great to meet you on Friday evening, although, my memory of Friday is a little fuzzy......That's what I get for hanging out with Dennis Keck.......

Jeff- Congrats on your great win! There sure was some very tough competition in Lincoln! It was a pleasure getting the chance to chat with you Friday night. You know when the bell is ringing Dennis Keck is serving up some fun! Congrats again. Will we see you in Arthur?

Congrats

Congratulations to all the Brethren that walked. Special kudos to Jeff for Grand and Gil for Resreve, outstanding job against a tough field.

Congrats also to Jim and Erin for their first place in both Chicken and Pork, Tim for first place in Ribs and Gil for first place in Brisket.

It was a well organized operation and a fun contest to judge. I enjoyed visiting with you all and look forward to the next time I see you, wherever that's going to be.

Laird

KCBS Master CBJ, Certified Table Captain
ABS Pit Boss, Hasty Bake, BWS and Okie State Orange Thermapen

Jeff- Congrats on your great win! There sure was some very tough competition in Lincoln! It was a pleasure getting the chance to chat with you Friday night. You know when the bell is ringing Dennis Keck is serving up some fun! Congrats again. Will we see you in Arthur?

Thanks Don! I won't be in Arthur. Sorry.

Congrats to Jeff and Gilly! This was a great contest with a lot going on. The girls had fun and slept the whole way home! I also want to say thank you to all the folks that took advantage of the free delivery of products from the Gatewaybbqstore.com.

all i can say dont let brinker drink on friday eve!!!!!!congrats too b&b on grand,oh and gilly,on reserve,,,,,by the way gilly had another fire,fire dept was a block away,luckly.....very well run contest...even sats music outside turn-in :heh:

I was wondering how much you were enjoying the music! I noticed that you had some tunes cranking after turn ins

Thanks for coming

Thanks to all who attended "Up in Smoke on the Square" in downtown Lincoln. We had a great time hosting the event and will hold it again next year.

Congratulation to B + B for GC and Gilliys for RGC.

We were happy to showoff our hometown for such a great group of people.

Chris Graue
Event Organizer
Up In Smoke on the Square
Lincoln, IL
www.lincolnbbq.com

Back