The Great Stuffed Pepper De-Bacle of 2011...

caseydog

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Well, the "Shell" throwdown is one throwdown I will not soon forget.

First off, I had several creative ideas, but none of them worked out to be plausible. So, I decided to do stuffed peppers, with the peppers being the "shell." Yeah, it was a mediocre idea, but it was the best I could muster.

So, I set up the mini-WSM, and made up my normal meatloaf mix of half ground beef and half ground pork, with a couple of eggs and some bread crumbs. I used a mexican mix of herbs and spices. I loaded up a couple orange bell peppers (sweeter and healthier), and topped the loaded peppers with Mexican Cheese.

So far, so good.

I put the meat on the mini WSM, which was running a perfect 250 degrees at the food grate level. YES!

I got up to 135 on the probe, on the way to my 160 degree done temp, and a farking rainstorm hit. Yes, in the middle of the worst farking drought in Texas history, a rainstorm hit.

I put on my welders gloves, grabed the mini WSM by the legs, and I tried to move it into the garage. Dayum, that thing was top heavy. Just as I tried to set it on the floor, the farking thing went over, crashing to the garage floor, sending grease, lit charcoal and food across the floor. FARK!

Well, the stuffed peppers managed to land upright in their foil container, so all was not lost. But, I needed to get the food and chit up before psycho poodle got to it, and hurt himself while simultaneously ruining what was left of my food.

I yelled at the dog, and ran into the house to get something to put the food in.

At this point, the reader needs to know that I have been having problems with the doorknob on my back door, the last few weeks.

I slammed the door behind me in my haste to save my food, and the farking doorknob froze up. I couldn't get out of the house.

So, I hit the button for my wrought-iron driveway gate, and ran for the front door.

At this point, the reader needs to know that if you push the button for the gate wrong, it gets stuck, and the gate goes berserk.

So, of course, I pushed the button wrong, and the farking gate button stuck, so the farking gate was going open-shut-open-shut-open-shut.... but only by about a foot at a farking time. Psycho poodle is freaking out, and I'm afraid he will get crushed by the gate, so I push against it and the safety thingy works and the gate stops.

By this time, I am seriously pissed off.

I manage to save my food, but the driveway gate is open, and psycho poodle sees my neighbor walking her mean-ass little dog, and runs out the gate to say hello. The neighbor's dog bites psycho poodle, and psycho poodle proceeds to kick my neighbor's dog's arse.

I have both hands full of food, and the back door is still stuck. And my dog is fighting in the street.

I kicked the back door in, which sent the farking defective knob flying across the living room. I put the food on the kitchen counter, and ran out the front door to keep my dog from killing the neighbor's furball.

After the dust settled, I had a foil pan full of not quite done food, a freaked out dog, a door with no dorknob, and a broken doorknob on my living room floor.

After a few hours, and a few vodkas, so I started feeling better, and today, it is almost funny. Almost. :rolleyes:

My throwdown entry is Stuffed Peppers a la Garage Floor, with a side of Door Knobs. :doh:

picture.php

CD

Sorry to hear all of that, bro! Did it stop raining as soon as you dropped the cooker in the garage?

I really wish you had had time to get pics of Psycho Poodle in action. He's a standard isn't he?

Sorry to hear all of that, bro! Did it stop raining as soon as you dropped the cooker in the garage?

Yup! Rain lasted about a minute. :mad:

It started up again about 15 minutes later, but only for a few more minutes -- not for long enough to help the drought situation. :tsk:

CD

I really wish you had had time to get pics of Psycho Poodle in action. He's a standard isn't he?

Miniature -- the middle size. The neighbor's dog is a toy ****z-n-doole, or something like that -- about half psycho poodle's size. :heh:

CD

Love the crumpled foil pan with the side of door knobs! Glad you shared your experience though, that was just too far out not to be funny!

After a few hours, and a few vodkas, so I started feeling better, and today, it is almost funny. Almost. :rolleyes:

CD

Family-Guy-Brian.jpg

Your entire post read as Brian's voice in my head. LOL

Sorry about the multiple bad breaks, but it made for an entertaining story.

You should win the throwdown on perseverance alone! Thanks for the story. While I'm sorry for your trouble, I did enjoy the chuckle.

Cheers,
Braddog

crap luck but thanks for the great laugh on my Monday afternoon

Expect more days like that if you ever have kids. Except you'll be covered in chit too.

That is an excellent photo btw. Glad it didn't lead to any permanent troubles!

That is some funny stuff right there. I once owned a toy poodle! I know exactly what you mean about "pscho" glad you got thru it and can laugh about it now :)

I'm sorry that things went haywire, CD, but that story ranks up there with the great brisket sploogie disaster and it's almost as good as the Farking FAWOOSH story!

Thanks for the laugh!

You need t-shirts made up after that! Sometimes everything you do goes against the plan, but vodka always helps numb the pain.....:-D

Didn't turn out too bad. There could have been a can of lawnmower gas in the garage and... Well the peppers looked pretty good anyway. Jack Daniels works good for days like that too.

I'm sorry that things went haywire, CD, but that story ranks up there with the great brisket sploogie disaster and it's almost as good as the Farking FAWOOSH story!

Thanks for the laugh!

Hmmmmm, I need to search for those. :laugh:

CD

You will get my vote just for the story alone. You had my wife and I laughing hysterically. Thanks for sharing!

Back