• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Introducing the Midnight Ramblers

swamprb

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
This might belong in the Competition area but I just wanted to blow my horn.
My son and I entered a "Best Chicken and Ribs" contest held at a BBQ class at the Cascade County Cookoff in Chehalis, WA as the Midnight Ramblers.

The class was taught by Rick and Kate Naug of "Badges, Brews and BBQ's" and assisted by David Hensley of "Doc's Pit BBQ"

100_1879.jpg

100_1877.jpg

100_1876.jpg

We did a brisket packer and pork butt for ourselves and a whole chicken and rack of spares for turn in. I didn't take many pics because I was BS'n with everyone! There were a lot of new Q'ers in the class, and I lent a WSM out and cooked some others meat on one of the drums.

100_1882.jpg

100_1889.jpg

100_1890.jpg

100_1891.jpg

I didn't get a pic of my Chicken turn in but did get my Ribs!
7th Place!
100_1881.jpg

We got a First Place trophy for Chicken! Bennett accepting the trophy
100_1885.jpg

100_1886.jpg

We came in Second overall and also won the prize for "Friendliest Booth" I think it had to do with the fatties I passed around!
My son also won the door prize, A brand new WSM, fruitwoods,briqs, knives and chimney!
100_1887.jpg

100_1888.jpg

We had a great time! And my son said he had more fun than he thought he would! He's not laughing at me now! I'd like to thank the Naugs,www.applecreektimberinc.com, Doc,PNWBA, the Wal-Mart and the Popes Place Kids folks that made the day!

Brian
Midnight Ramblers BBQ

Last edited:
Brian, great job! That must have been an awesome experience, cooking w/ your son, and winning also!:p You both will cherrish that moment!

BTW, the WSM police said you have to many, and you have to give one up!:p

Awesome! Looks like a great time. Your son looks real proud and happy. Memories for a lifetime.....

Did you guys win that huge offset, too?

what a weekend to remember. sure wish my son's would cook with me - I got em both a nice cooker last christmas and was invited over for dinner not long ago for the first time since then and guess what we had "seafood boil". when I asked about the cooker he said he didn't like the way the charcoal popped out on him when he lit it with propane. boy was I hot and thought about heavin that cooker over the deck, but I was good and didn't let him know how dissapointed I was and besides he did a hell of a job on the seafood boil.

Congratulations to you and your boy! I'm hoping to be doing the same when my kids get a bit older. At ages 6 and 4 they are already excited about my bbq, but they can't help a whole hell of a lot.

Those ribs, pulled pork, and brisket look awesome. Congrats again!

sweet. cant wait for my boys to get older. i got a long way to go though....

btw, who had the silver dollar

Major League Congrats Neighbor! Sorry I couldn't make it down Saturday.. looks like I missed a great time.:cry: "BZ" to Bennett...looks like the "itch" as well as "luck" (door prize) runs in the family. He can now do a lot of "Q" for his bro's at the frathouse. See you at the Eggfest...

John

Aren't those guys too skinny to be BBQ cooks?

Congrats! Looks like a great day!

Congratulations.
Great little father/son "bonding" experience.
Hopefully having a good first outing got him hooked.

Back