• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

How many of us

I cook almost everything from scratch, and I mean almost everything. Crackers, cookies, animal crackers, pita bread, tortillas, sourdough loaves, baguettes, boules, batards, cakes, pies, cookies, mother sauces, stocks, broths, pizza doughs, corn dogs, hamburger buns, hot dog buns, 'twinkies' blah blah blah blah blah. MOST of my cooking is done inside the house, as I do not have a ceramic cooker at this point. I'm fully utilizing this freaking kitchen every hour of everyday, even when I'm sleeping something is rising or retarding or fermenting or simmering, or whatever.

I cook in the kitchen on a regular basis. The Boss Lady gets off work about an hour and a half after me, so I usually get supper started. She normally takes breakfast duty. It easier, with five kids, if we divide and conquer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Both. I enjoy cooking in the kitchen as much as on the Webers as long as it's not meat. Most (not all) meat belongs over fire IMO, but I don't have an overwhelming desire to eliminate the stove/oven/fryer altogether.

I actually do more cooking in the kitchen than on the patio. I love to cook, and I love variety, so I'm not confined to one way of cooking.

Besides that, doing your own cooking is by far healthier, even if the food you cook isn't "health food." Processed foods and restaurant foods will kill you. A farking restaurant salad can have a thousand-plus calories. How do that do that?

I'm glad I love cooking, because I get to eat good food, and control what I put into my body. Win-win.

CD

I do all the cooking - well to be fair the in 28+ years together the wife has probably made dinner 5 or 10 times. I love cooking outside, but it's not always feasible. I fry, saute, bake, whatever. I just love to cook.

I actually do more cooking in the kitchen than on the patio. I love to cook, and I love variety, so I'm not confined to one way of cooking.

Besides that, doing your own cooking is by far healthier, even if the food you cook isn't "health food." Processed foods and restaurant foods will kill you. A farking restaurant salad can have a thousand-plus calories. How do that do that?

I'm glad I love cooking, because I get to eat good food, and control what I put into my body. Win-win.

CD

Amen!! My wife and I very rarely eat out and we eat good!!! wifey is a professional mom and i work nights so she does most of the cooking while i'm at work. on the weekends i try to do most of the cooking. If there is a weekend where i dont get to fire up my grill/smoker i start showing withdrawal symptons(mainly whining). We love soups and this is perfect time of year for them. :thumb:

Anywhere anytime. Been cooking since I was a kid and spent 27 years in the restaurant business. Love cookin but something special about the outdoors.

Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using Tapatalk 2

Head Chef at my house inside and out. I had to work late today and told the wife she was in charge of supper tonight. We went to our favorite local Mexican place. She always does that when she's in charge!!
Funny how that works, my wife is the same. When it's her night we always have take out. I do almost all of the cooking, and I mix it up almost 50/50 inside and outside. Do all the cooking and baking, but I enjoy it!

CD

Amen. We rarely eat out. And we grow/kill/capture/gather a lot of our food, too.

I cook almost everything from scratch, and I mean almost everything. Crackers, cookies, animal crackers, pita bread, tortillas, sourdough loaves, baguettes, boules, batards, cakes, pies, cookies, mother sauces, stocks, broths, pizza doughs, corn dogs, hamburger buns, hot dog buns, 'twinkies' blah blah blah blah blah. MOST of my cooking is done inside the house, as I do not have a ceramic cooker at this point. I'm fully utilizing this freaking kitchen every hour of everyday, even when I'm sleeping something is rising or retarding or fermenting or simmering, or whatever.

How about a good pita bread/flatbread recipe? :biggrin1:

Both inside and out. I do all of the outside cooking and most of the "good" inside cooking(don't tell my wife I said that).

My wife's favorite thing to make is RESERVATIONS.........so therefore I do about 99% of the cooking, and that's perfectly ok by me. I spent 17 years in restaraunts in one capacity or another, and really enjoy the cooking so it's all good!

I do almost all of the cooking for our family, wherever that may be (I've been known to cook at other people's houses :grin:).

I once had someone comment how lucky my wife was, to have a husband that not only brings home the bacon but cooks it too!

I try to get my son (19YO) to help me . . . and prefer that my wife doesn't (she's fine with that).

Back