• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Brethren Newbie -Qd - greets from LA (lower alabama)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Q

Qd

I was really glad to find this group. Been cooking, smoking , grilling for 30+ years..... I'm 52. Bought my 'dera 6 years ago, gas burner, wheel and temp mods. This thing has the "Conehead Seal of Approval...... MASS QUANTITIES (a Saturday Night Live thing from years ago). I have loaded it out many times and enjoyed sharing the bounty. There are a lot of great tips and recipies here that I will have to try.

Q preference is spicy and sweet.

Use pecan with a splash of mesquite. Plenty of wood down here now.....
Ivan recently dropped MANY MANY trees.....for Q'n - Oak, Pecan mostly. Want to try apple and other fruit woods for a change.

8) Scoville up...... !
Like peppers too..... grew 160 plants a couple of years ago. 7 varieties...Did up about 30 gal of salsa, made pepper jelly, pepper relish, dried all I could and gave away the rest.

Look forward to some mssg posts and pics.

"May your fire last long and your smoke be blue"

Welcome.

Did you catch Food TV last night with the Demopolous cookoff? :D

Welcome, QD.

Welcome to the group, that is one POOPIE load of peppers you grew.

This Guy might just fit in.....Ya Think
Welcome & share, We will!!!!

Qd,
Welcome to our part of the que world!!!!!!

Krazy here at times, but lots of good Que info, a joke or two, and a great time overall.
Place is addictive--for sure!

Where-abouts in LA? I lived in Ozark for 17 years and am across the "insignifigant" State Line in Marianna.

TIM

He likes peppers and he likes Q. I think I've found my long lost brother.

Welcome! Grab an adult beverage and cop a squat!

TIM....Qd reply

Tim wrote

Where-abouts in LA? I lived in Ozark for 17 years and am across the "insignifigant" State Line in Marianna

BTW.....how do I get rid of the word "Quote" before the selected text is highlighted? I need a tutorial on the features of this Mssg Board !!!!

Hey Tim,

I live in central Baldwin county.... between Mobile and Pensacola....rual area near Fairhope. Any Brethren in the general area besides yourself? I'll have to look at the map to pin down Marianna.

Yea, think I'll enjoy all of this...............

DFLittle said:
Welcome.

Did you catch Food TV last night with the Demopolous cookoff? :D

Worked all weekend on a home addition project and finished off with Survivor @ 7:00 before crashing. Hate I missed it.

I'll look in the guide to see if it's on again. Maybe I'll feed TIVO the search word BBQ and see what hits I get.

Thanks for the welcome.

BrooklynQ said:
Welcome to the group.

Thanks..... nice blog..... White Trash Christmas is a hoot! :p

I'll have to check out all the great links you have posted, they look good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back