Back at it again.. Just got tank will be new offset smoker.. Come inside with pics!

Amazing! Just went through the whole thread. Please post some pics from the family reunion cook!

Wow that is one beautiful beast... can't wait to see pics from your reunion cook.

Holy Schnikes that thing is awesome! I love the little thermo covers-that's a nice touch. If you are running at 300 next to the fire box what does the temp read at the top thermo of the warming box.

Ok.. Doing some upgrades that I should have done in the beginning lol First of which is Tuning Plates.. Going to get these cleaned and track welded in place this weekend. Next Up I decided to go ahead and install an FF3 fryer on the front of the grill.. that will be getting added in the coming weeks (when cover arrives). and Last upgrade besides finishing the paint job.. will be swapping out the axles they are bowing under the weight.. have to fix that..

Tuning plates cut and laid into place
Will add pics of other upgrades as I slowly get them done

Attachments

• Tuning Plates (2).jpg
    Tuning Plates (2).jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 436
  • Tuning Plates (1).jpg
    Tuning Plates (1).jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 434
Finally getting axles changed over to 6,000 pound axles. Letting the guy that built the trailer do it for me. He said he thinks I have permanently bent the 3500s that are under it currently so this is a big step and a big investment to get them changed but I Haul this thing down the highway at 75 so it needed to happen sooner rather than later. Attached are some pics with the 3500 pound axles will also post pics with the 6000s once I pick it up tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_1425.jpg
    IMG_1425.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 330
  • IMG_1424.jpg
    IMG_1424.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 330
  • IMG_1423.jpg
    IMG_1423.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 329
  • IMG_1426.jpg
    IMG_1426.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 332
HOLY BALLS!! I guess size does matter! Epic job on the beast! I'd get the hell out the way if i saw that coming up behind me on the freeway. Bonus that you got to build it with your dad. :clap2:

ok so 1,100 something dollars later lol Got 6000 pound axles! lol It hurt to spend that much money but I am glad it is done so now I don't have to worry about it driving down the highway and coming apart on me. Also bought new 10 ply tires 6 of them. (eating Vienna sausges for the rest of the month) lol Glad its done!

Attachments

• After Axle Swap 6k pound axles (3).jpg
    After Axle Swap 6k pound axles (3).jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 257
  • After Axle Swap 6k pound axles (2).jpg
    After Axle Swap 6k pound axles (2).jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 258
  • After Axle Swap 6k pound axles (5).jpg
    After Axle Swap 6k pound axles (5).jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 258
That's good about the wheels.. love the build and I was wondering if you have filled it up and need more room yet

Have yet to fill her up.. I have cooked 43 turkeys on her at once and 50 legs still had room to spare, 20 butts and 36 babybacks still had room to spare in main chamber and empty upright, those are my 2 biggest so far.. I love the fact that I can't fill her up currently I can do all my cooking in one load which is great

Incredible job on all your builds. I have been wanting a trailer rig for about 5 months now...Considered building one but my welding skills are iffy at best. Revisiting all of your build threads now have me again wanting to take a shot at it.

Looks good downhome!

Now you can hook it up to the Dodge and drop the hammer on her!!!

Incredible job on all your builds. I have been wanting a trailer rig for about 5 months now...Considered building one but my welding skills are iffy at best. Revisiting all of your build threads now have me again wanting to take a shot at it.

Go for it! on our 1st build me or my dad couldn't weld lol but we learned together.. lots of practice.. We only stick weld.. I have heard wire welding may be easier and more convenient. Youtube is your best friend.. grab you a welder and some steel and start laying some beads!

and Thanks 4ever3 I plan on doing just that! lol 75 to 80 every trip now! lol

Back