Roll Call. Inside 30 days. East Carolina BBQ throw down, Rocky Mount N.C. - Oct.10th & 11th, 2008

Tar River BBQ

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Just checking on who all is going to this event down in Rocky Mount N.C. Oct.10th. 11th. 8)

Hi Nelson C
Good Luck on your first contest . I am puzzled though. If it is your first contest. How are you a "championship bbq team". What championships have you won? Nice logo though. I hope that I don't sound too critical. I truly wish best of luck , damn you might win the whole thing. It is
certianly a big difference from a back yard than a full kcbs competition.

good luck........and yeah, was going to ask the same thing.....beat me to it........

Maybe Nelson just isnt a procrastinator and like a good boy scout he is prepared.:-D
Seriously good luck.

Thanks for the positive comments on the logo. When I designed it, I had seen other teams use that tagline, and thought that it implied cooking IN championships, not necessarily winning championships. I'm glad I haven't ordered my shirts yet! Do you guys think thats something I ought to change or is it no big deal?

POTR: I saw your setup when I judged the Jubilee this spring... real nice... i'm jealous.

Maybe Nelson just isnt a procrastinator and like a good boy scout he is prepared.:-D
Seriously good luck.

Yeah, I figured I would just do it right so I wouldn't have to have my banner/shirts reprinted after the contest (unjustified ego) :biggrin:

Nah Nelson I wouldnt take it off, maybe add an asterick?

POTR: I saw your setup when I judged the Jubilee this spring... real nice... i'm jealous.[/quote]
Don't be too jealous , it is was bought with alot of sweat and tears. It seems you are on your way. Stop by and say hi at NC. If you need any help let us know.
John

Back