• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Costco's pork shoulder 2 pack

Fwismoker

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Good deal? About 7 1/2 lb each

I think i'm done buying the Tyson enhanced at the grocery but my butcher sells bone in butt for like 1.80.

I do Costco 2pack (they come boneless) for sausage, etc. $1.85/lb

I do Sams Club 2pack which comes bone in for pulled pork etc. $1.60/lb

I do Costco 2pack (they come boneless) for sausage, etc. $1.85/lb

I do Sams Club 2pack which comes bone in for pulled pork etc. $1.60/lb

Hmmm.... I forgot to look at the price per lb on the 2 pack, i might as well do the butcher butt if they're 1.85. Just want to get away from the enhanced for a while.

Hmmm.... I forgot to look at the price per lb on the 2 pack, i might as well do the butcher butt if they're 1.85. Just want to get away from the enhanced for a while.

They're 1.85 around here but I think it should be about the same there too. I'd do butcher for $1.85 for sure. I actually even paid 2.99/lb from a butcher but didn't notice a difference so I stick with Costco or Sams on pork butts.

I'd ask the Costco meat dept. guy. I didn't see bone in butts, and asked, he brought me out a two pack, great marbling.

I cooked them once... Good meat, but kind of a pain in the ass. Once you get them out of the cryovak you get to see the butcher job they did to remove the bone, and you get to play the "put Humpty Dumpty back together again" game with a quarter mile of butcher string. I would buy them for sausage, but prolly not for pulled pork if I had other options.

These are great for making Buckboard Bacon as well.

For Bacon or for Pulled Pork Netting makes the easy task of putting it back together for smoking. No need to tie..

Ah...just thinking of using it for BB bacon. Great idea for the netting. Where would you buy that netting at?

Split a case with someone.. Sam's club here dropped the price from 1.69/lb for 2 pack to 1.39/lb for case.

love em. I truss them up with butchers twine, rub em and smoke em. come out very well.

They have "bone in" 2 packs at the Costco business centers if you have one near you, they are good deal and quality.

I recently got a two butt pack from my local butcher. The label was Members Mark. Cost me an extra $.30/lb. too. Oh well, saved me the 30 mile round trip to SAMs.
:doh:

Back