View Single Post
Old 11-02-2013, 01:47 PM   #6
Abelman
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgirl View Post
Pete that looks wonderful! I'd be interested in the pork recipe if you have the time. Thanks for posting, good to see ya.
Hi Jeanie, it's been awhile. Also, thanks for the compliments from everyone.

As for the recipe and time, always for you young lady. Here it is, from the past:

Jerked Pork Tenderloin Smoked

If anyone ever asked me before on how to do a loin and/or tenderloin, my answer was always grilling the tenderloin and you can smoke the loin.

That all changed this weekend. I smoked the tenderloin and it was tender and moist. Here's how it worked.

The basic ingredients, there are two tenderloins in the pack, which is somewhat standard.

I used basically 3 tablespoons of Walkerswood and mixed it up well for a 24 hours nap in the fridge.

Now, the interesting part. I think this works because it involves 2 tenderloins. I laid the fat part on top of the skinny part. So, you basically have a uniform tenderloin. So, it stays moist during the smoke because of using two in this fashion:

Then, I took some butchers twine and trussed it up:

The cooking part is easy. Threw some Apple wood chunks in the BGE and got her up to 300°, indirect heat with the plate setter. It took appx. 2 hours to hit 140° internal. These are getting done:

Once done, I foiled it and let it rest in the cooler until dinner time. Was still nice and hot an hour later. Got it sliced up and ready to go. The taste and moisture were excellent. Even with the jerk, I was afraid the kids might find it too spicy when I started. That wasn't the case. It was a great jerk taste without over powering the tenderloin. Once sliced, no need for a knife at the table, it was fork tender:

We finished one at dinner and the others were sliced and vac packed for sammies, another meal, perhaps a brunswick stew later this winter.
If heat is not your style, try the Huli sauce from the chicken recipe I posted. It works very well:

1 members found this post helpful.
Thanks from:--->