• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

A question about shrimp ABT's

Kirk

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
If you were going to put shrimp in an ABT, would it be precooked or raw? I was just wondering if a cooked shrimp might be overdone and rubbery by the time the ABT was done. TIA.

I'd precook, then just get the peppers done. The innards aren't going to overcook, but you want it heated, anyway... You might put the shrimp in cold to help a bit.

I have used crawfish tails and went with raw. They were fine when finished. Not over cooked or chewy.

instead of using decent sized shrimp why not stuff 'em with those little salad size shrimps. you can shove 4-5 of those babies in one pepper and won't even have a rubbery overcooked texture

instead of using decent sized shrimp why not stuff 'em with those little salad size shrimps. you can shove 4-5 of those babies in one pepper and won't even have a rubbery overcooked texture
To expand on that, why not toss the shrimps in the processor/blender with some cream cheese and then stuff in the peppers.

I thaw out frozen, pre-cooked shrimp and chop them up. Then I add it to the cheddar-cream cheese mixture before stuffing.

I had some last Friday night and the guy used raw shrimp. They were fantastic. Just a big shrimp stuffed into a jap wrapped in bacon.

Back