First winter packer...pron

Mxited

Reaction score
Last night I decided to smoke my first brisket in the XL BGE. It was sleeting and snowing with a temp of 24 degrees. At 10 PM, the BGE had settled in at 250 and the packer was coated and ready. After placing it on the rack, I stayed up 3 hours and monitored the dome temp. It maintained 250 so I hit the sack. Got up this morning and after a total of 9 hours, the BGE had dropped to 240. I don't have any of the fancy controllers so I was worried when I went to bed.

I am so pleased with this cook. It took the 10 lb packer 10.5 hours to get probe tender. I wrapped in a paper sack and coolered it for a couple of hours and finished off some burnt ends from the point.

Deliciousness!!!

FBWHfkS.jpg

Looks good. Short cook. Did you wet age the brisket?

Straight out of the bag the day of purchase, rubbed, and to the rack. Sat on the counter for about 30 minutes after I pulled it out of the fridge.

What Smitty said, got any sliced pics?

Didn't get any sliced pics. I was lucky to remember to get a pic while in the BGE. I've never been one to take pictures and I just don't think about it before it's too late. Will work on that.

Back