Carmel, IN, anyone?

cmcadams

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I know it's still 2 weeks away, but my teammate and I are doing a practice cook tonight/tomorrow, with judges coming by for turn ins. I was a bit nervous this time last year, due to never going to a comp, yet about to compete... this year I'm just excited about getting into it again.

Who's going to be there, and what are you doing for prep? We're doing a full run through... I even have a project plan for when to do what. I made sauces and rubs last night, and we start after work. Hopefully, next week will be a trial run on the new smoker so we can use that instead of chargrillers in Carmel!

my team is not making that one but i will be..im helping the Cancer Sucks BBQ team

Was hoping to make this one.

Wanted to meat Curt and his team, and possibly judge (outside chance)

Bad weekend for me on Memorial Day.

In Laws live in Noblesville, one town over.

Didnt work out, schedule wise

Good luck!!

It's the weekend before memorial day, actually... If you're able to swing it, I'll have a cold one ready for you... and anyone else from on here that stops by. Depending on how many stop by, it may only be A cold one, but you never know.

Porkrastinators will be there attending our second contest.... It would be great to meet you all and have a cold one! See ya soon....

Seth, stop by and say hello... And good luck!

We did a run through on Saturday with pretty good results. Our brisket and pork have done the best so far, and I think we made improvements on both of those. Ribs were very good, too... just about perfect doneness, though I still want a bit more heat to linger... and chicken was done at a bit higher temp giving much better skin texture, and the chicken came out tasty. We tried a couple different sauces, thinking one would do well on ribs, the other on chicken... turned out to work the other way around.

Ulcer Acres Will Be There

Ulcer Acres will be in Carmel. We plan on getting in first thing Friday morning. I don't know where we will be at but anyone please stop on by. Good to be back on the Brethren
Randy:p

Where in Carmel is this comp being held?

Just found out there was a typo in my cook's packet... Also talked to Arlie about the site. If it rains a lot next week, the comp will be on a street... if not, it will be on grass with a lot more room. So I'm pushing for no rain (or not too heavy) next week!

Just 2 more days until Carmel...

I'm looking forward to meeting a lot of you there; last year, we were a bit overwhelmed, so I didn't get around much, but this year, I'll try to mingle a bit more, maybe even with an extra beer in hand...

And for anyone competing this weekend, have a great time, and good luck... and if you're in carmel, if you want to throw a category and turn in slop, I appreciate it!!! :)

I didn't see any results posted here, but I saw these on another forum... Congrats to Randy and Ulcer Acres!

Chicken

1-Pig Pak
2-Ulcer Acres
3-Hickory Flats BBQ
4-ZZ Que
5-Snake Pit BBQ
6-JD Smokers
7-Hoss’s BBQ
8-Joey Mac’s
9-Dr. Chuckie
10-Indy Pit Crew

Ribs

1-Hoosiers Hogs
2-Rib Runners
3-Bar-B-Quau
4-Great Lakes BBQ
5-BBQGUY.com
6-Porkrastinators
7-Cancersu**schicago.com
8-Jimmy’s Hog Pen
9-Pig Pak
10-Dizzy Pig Canada

Pork

1-Hoosiers Hogs
2- Ulcer Acres
3-Poppi - Q
4-Snake Pit BBQ
5-Smokin Joel
6-Hickory Flats BBQ
7-Pepperitaville
8-Smokin Ribz
9-Cancersu**schicago.com
10-Blind Roosters Seasonings

Brisket

1-Blind Roosters Seasonings
2- Ulcer Acres
3-Shigs in Pit
4-ZZ Que
5-Hoss’s BBQ
6-The BBQGUY.com
7-Beverly Grillbillies
8-Hope’s B & B BBQ
9-Pepperitaville
10-Smoke N Sourmash BBQ

Anything But

1-Squealers Award Winning BBQ

Reserve-Hoosier Hogs
Grand Champion- Ulcer Acres

Ulcer Acres did well as always. It was a great comp, with pretty good weather; yesterday was gorgeous, with just spits of rain on Friday night.

We got 11th in brisket, but sucked in everything else. We were a bit disappointed as we felt we'd done better than in the past in chicken and ribs, but put in our worst overall showing so far...

But we learned some more, and will regroup and try again.

We met a lot more people this time, and were pretty relaxed mostly during turn ins.

cmcadams said:
Ulcer Acres did well as always. It was a great comp, with pretty good weather; yesterday was gorgeous, with just spits of rain on Friday night.

We got 11th in brisket, but sucked in everything else. We were a bit disappointed as we felt we'd done better than in the past in chicken and ribs, but put in our worst overall showing so far...

But we learned some more, and will regroup and try again.

We met a lot more people this time, and were pretty relaxed mostly during turn ins.
Curt-it was good to meet you (briefly) by Joey Macs site. I was cooking with CancerSucks.Com right next to him. Next time Ill stop by your place. I hear Tony Hunter was cooking with you as well
Yea we were a bit shocked with some of the judges calls on our stuff as well but what hits in one placee can just bomb in another..all part of the fun i guess

cmcadams said:
Seth, stop by and say hello... And good luck!

We did a run through on Saturday with pretty good results. Our brisket and pork have done the best so far, and I think we made improvements on both of those. Ribs were very good, too... just about perfect doneness, though I still want a bit more heat to linger... and chicken was done at a bit higher temp giving much better skin texture, and the chicken came out tasty. We tried a couple different sauces, thinking one would do well on ribs, the other on chicken... turned out to work the other way around.
Seth-the team name did not hit me..you guys were right next to us in the "swamp"

Back