Pulling a cold pork butt

Kloogee

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I did a couple of pork butts (among other things) yesterday for a party we did. I only had time to pull one of them before people started showing up. I intended to pull the second one too, but got busy with the party (and possibly a few adult beverages). Anyways, I never got around to pulling it. :tsk: :icon_blush:

What is the best way to pull it now? Pull it cold or reheat it in someway and then pull it? If reheat it, what is the best way and what temp?

Thanks much!

You can pop it in the oven at 250F and reheat it whole, or pull and do the same. I like to do it whole if I have time. Or pull it into 4 to 5 chunks if I need to speed things up

Agree with Landarfonia. I've always just re-heated them in the oven at 250º and then pulled them once it's heated up.

What's a good temp to bring them up to before you pull them? 140ish? Higher? Or does it not matter? Thanks again for the feedback.

I've never even begun to temp it the few times I've had to do it myself. I just heat it until it's warm enough to easily pull the bone out from again. Then I make up the finishing sauce, throw it on top, and serve.

actually pulled one cold a few weeks ago, and it wasn't that difficult. I did that because I was only wanting to heat a little at that time. It is easier hot, but it can be done cold.

CD

Back