• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Must be Roadrunner and not Brisket

Fireburd

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Kind of frustrated right now as my 7.5 pound brisket decided to reach its 170 stall in a mere 2.5 hours. Looks like I will be cooling and reheating for dinner because I have never tried to rest a brisket for 7 hours (figuring I pull this in 2 hours). I think they swapped my beef for roadrunner considering how fast this is moving.

What's your pit temp? I think you have a while to go.

Also, check in a different spot as well.

Remember, your end goal is probe tender, not a specific internal temp.

Pit has been running around 250. When the maverick read 170 I opened it up and my thermo was reading 160-170 depending on where I probed. I went ahead and wrapped in BP as I likedy color and just riding it out now. Currently at 181 so we will see what happens. I searched and saw some people have gotten 7 hours resting in a cooler so I'm hoping for the best.

Preheat the cooler with hot water (then dump it and dry it :-D) and stuff it with old towels or newspaper and keep the maverick probe in the brisket so you know if it gets close to 140.

That's my plan as of now. Thank you for reassuring me. So much for a fresh juicy brisket but I'm sure it will be fine.

I would let that flat rest on the counter top wrapped in its BP for 30 min before putting it in a cooler to slow the carry over during the rest.

same thing happened to me yesterday at a comp...15lber cooked in 7hrs...was butter probe tender...but,turn in was 4hrs away. put in the cooler to hold it dried up a bit..oh well

Back