looking at a primo grill

hardy

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Reaction score
is the primo worth the money or go to the green egg:crazy:

Primo and Egg are both nice. But since you asked get a Pit Barrel Cooker and a Chargriller Akorn. You will have about 700.00 dollars left over for meat and beer. Or just beer. Yep that's it. Beer

I preferred the new one at home depot. I just got one, it's gray and comes set in a cart/table.

Edit: It's 30$ more than the Lowe's one ($329.99)

I will go to home depot and look the price is great if it cooks good Thanks more beer

Yeah, as great as the bge is, after reading into it, i personally prefer the kamado joe and primo, especially in the xl sizes.

But ya, I would also recommend getting an akorn and maybe a wsm or pbc.

I preferred the new one at home depot. I just got one, it's gray and comes set in a cart/table.

Edit: It's 30$ more than the Lowe's one ($329.99)

I can't seem to find it listed online on Home Depot's site. When did they start carrying this?

The Primo is a super fine kamado. I'm a fan of them as well as the Kamado Joe and Big Green Egg. Out of the three, I think the Kamado Joe is the best bang for the buck because of it's price point. As far as cooking is concerned, I don't think there is a dime's difference between the three.

I just got a primo and I absolutely love it IMO it's worth the money

The oval shape of the Primo XL sets it apart. Of course that all depends on your budget. If you are tight for money, the UDS + chargriller option is not a bad way to go. I have a Primo and big daddy smoker (UDS). When I am smoking low and slow, I use the UDS. The Primo is used more for grilling these days, but works very well for smoking too.

I can't seem to find it listed online on Home Depot's site. When did they start carrying this?

I think it's a new product. I wasn't able to find it on their site either...and they aren't carrying the cover for it yet.

looks like a bge ????. Thank for all the in put new to a egg I am a stick bunner

Unfarking believable %$#@

"if your tight for money?"

I have a primo, best multipurpose grill I have ever owned

I used to have a BGE for years and personally and while it made good food, it was terrible at making chicken. No matter what method I tried, it just not do a good job with chicken. I ended up selling my BGE and got a Char Griller Akorn, which I thought performed better and also made great chicken. About a month ago, I bought a used Traeger 070 pellet grill and I haven't found the need or desire to fire up the Akorn.

I haven't tried the Primo, but if you're stuck on a Kamado style cooker, the Akorn is a good performer. But, if you have the budget for a Primo, you might take a look at pellet grill instead.

Back