Aaron Franklin: Pulled Pork

Odd thing is - I live in Texas. I shop for meat in Texas. And between RD, Costco, Sam's, and a couple other places I've never seen a Pork Shoulder with bone in. Unless I go to the butcher, I've kind of given up on it.

Anyone in the Dallas / Wylie area have any suggestions.

First, it's a pork butt, not a shoulder. Second, you aren't looking hard enough. RD offers both bone-in and boneless.

I like Franklin's style and I'd like to break bread with him, but I doubt I'll ever stand in line for 2 hours to eat his food.

Maybe some day my ol' lady will leave me for him and he'll be kind enough to throw me a brisket to help keep all the beer down I'll be drinking. :p
Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Odd thing is - I live in Texas. I shop for meat in Texas. And between RD, Costco, Sam's, and a couple other places I've never seen a Pork Shoulder with bone in. Unless I go to the butcher, I've kind of given up on it.

Anyone in the Dallas / Wylie area have any suggestions.

All of HEB's boston butts have the bone.

Quite a few Brethren can cook pulled pork better or as well as he does. Brisket? Not so many.

Does anyone know what brand of smoker that stick burner is that Franklin uses???? I cannot tell.

Thanks for the info – I have seen those. They seem to be nice units for what they are. I am not into using a stick burner but those seem heavy enough.

I also like his videos.

Sent from my Android phone.

Great Video!
I like it when the product or the process is the star.

In this one, he shows exactly how simple Butts are to cook.
Not Rocket Science 8)

Arron is a BBQ GOD for sure.

Thanks for the link.

TIM

He's a likeable guy and that butt looked great ! I like the idea of all that black pepper too....

He's a likeable guy and that butt looked great ! I like the idea of all that black pepper too....

Seems like a real down to earth guy. I've watched all of his videos and I don't do things the same way he does, but I'm sure if I did, I would get terrific results. I'll be incorporating some of his tips in my cooks.

Does anyone know what brand of smoker that stick burner is that Franklin uses???? I cannot tell.

In one of the earlier brisket videos, he goes into detail about what mods he made to that smoker, and I think they show the badge so you can see what brand it is.

Back