View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 10:25 PM   #15
rez
Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pueblo View Post
Done .... and true to my original description it was a b!tch. The procedure:

put a flat head screwdriver between the rod that moves the blades and the washer fits against the kettle (between the little ears that hold the rod). Twist the screwdriver and also twist the rod until a "key" on the rod lets loose of the washer. Twist the rod until the key lines up with a slot in one of the ears. Pull the rod through the ears. I had to use a punch to knock the rod through the ears. Then pull the washer down off the ears. The rest is obvious.

Good luck. What a lousy design.
Great description thanks so much! - I had 2 out of the 3 sweeps bent up on my Weber so they were neither sweeping nor controlling air flow so have been doing google searches for the past few days trying to figure out what to do next. Just found this thread today; followed the instructions and was able to fix in about an hour from start to finish (including cleaning out most of the crud from around the bottom of the bowl).

Now I need to figure out a way to keep small pieces of lump falling through the grate on the Weber and plugging up the bottom vents (which can then cause the bent sweeps). My first post on the site and not trying to be rude but so happy I found this info that am posting even though it's warning me that it's an old thread.
rez is offline   Reply With Quote