iGrill thermo

General consensus is that its horrible, but the maverick 732 is better. They were supposed to come out with an updated version that might have fixed some of the kinks.

i have one and it works very well - it allows you to export a pdf of your cook too which is a bit clunky but it works well enough. I thought about getting a 732 but the igrill tethers pretty easily and maintains good bluetooth communication with my phone.

I got one for Christmas and I've used it about 4-5 times now. So far I have no complaints. Range seems to be decent. Mine stays connected at 50-60ish feet through 2-3 walls....little bit shorter if I I'm in my ManCave which is in the basement, but it will still connect. I've never measured the actual range but it covers my backyard and my house for the most part (standard corner city lot). It will drop out from time to time but always connects quickly again when you get near range.

Mine came with 2 probes (I've seen a few posts where they came with one). They offer an ambient probe for $20 which I bought but probably didn't need as the 2nd probe in the box would work just fine. I just look at it like I have a back-up in case.

I've been super careful with my wires as I've read some bad reviews on them. I haven't "washed" them. I just use a Lysol wipe or a damp soapy washrag.

The app is nice...from what I understand much improved. App will graph out your cook that you can send in .pdf or .csv form to review for future reference. My only problem is I forget to send it before I shut it off and loose the info...would be nice if there was a way to save the history of your cooks.

I haven't had a remote therm before so I have nothing to compare it to, but so far I've enjoyed mine. Nice to be able to grab your phone out of your pocket and check quick.

I would have to say I like mine. I have used it for over a year now. The app a year ago was fairly unstable, but the version they have out now is rock solid. I like that I can set a range on the grill's temp with alarms. It makes overnight cooks much easier.

I like mine. I had trouble getting it to pair for a long time, but they eventually bettered their instructions. Works well. I did lose a probe.

I still want one. I forgot about them because of lack of Android, but now they apparently have an Android app so I think I'm gonna order one soon.

I've got one as well, I like it, it works quite good too. Decent range, no problems connecting..

Brought it (and my Broil King Keg) over to my mums for Christmas and I just paired it with her iPad and away we went, couldn't have been easier.

The one complaint I have though, is that the display shines through the white plastic, if there is any sunlight hitting it, it is unreadable.

I still want one. I forgot about them because of lack of Android, but now they apparently have an Android app so I think I'm gonna order one soon.

Cool. I had heard they were working on an Android app. Would love to hear your feedback after you try it out.

Is it for meat only or can you monitor pit temps? I tried to monitor pit temps with my wireless meat therm but it stops reading temp at 199 f

Seems like a good deal. I have been researching them for awhile now. A good friend of mine has one and loves it.

Two probes one for meat one for pit. I like it. I got mine using reward points from a credit card about two years ago. Still works like a charm.

Have the white one and love it! I also did a review on it on our website BBQ Sauce Reviews if you want to see my take on it. :) That's a really great price at $59.25! They usually go for around $79. Let us know if you end up getting one.

~Jay Prince

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Only other minor complaint I have is that the alarms in the app are too quiet. If it's real quiet you can hear them...but I've checked my phone to see I missed an alarm or two multiple times...usually the temp bouncing at the edge of the range so nothing serious, but still something that seems like it could be fixed.

I have the IGRILL device and i really like it although it is a little expensive at regular price. It cost more than the more popular maverick thermometors. The igrill connects with your "smart device" via bluetooth and seems to have a better range than the mavericks. There is also a graphing feature and a few other things within the free app that you need to load on your smart device in order to get the full advantage of the igrill. Overall i think it is pretty cool and worth the money if you want a little more than just a wireless thermo.

Cool. I had heard they were working on an Android app. Would love to hear your feedback after you try it out.

Their website says it works with some androids and has a list of compatibility if you click on the Android link http://www.igrillinc.com/android/index.shtml

Two probes one for meat one for pit. I like it. I got mine using reward points from a credit card about two years ago. Still works like a charm.

Ok, yes i saw that it has two probes & perhaps you can answer my question: Will the probe that you use to monitor pit temp read temps as high as 400 degrees F? i have a wireless dig thermometer but it stops reading temps at 199 F so its no good for monitoring pit temp.

I purchased one of these and have had nothing but problems with the probes. I have gone through about 6 probes and have used it 8 times. They make an ambient temperature probe for the pit, but the one that I received was purchased as a gift. Used it once and it stopped working. Called to get it replaced, but the person who purchased it kept it a while before gifting it, so it was passed their 30 day return on probes. It looks cool, but it is basically a paper weight now. The device itself has been great and had no problems pairing, etc. The main issue is with the probes.

Ok, yes i saw that it has two probes & perhaps you can answer my question: Will the probe that you use to monitor pit temp read temps as high as 400 degrees F? i have a wireless dig thermometer but it stops reading temps at 199 F so its no good for monitoring pit temp.

Yes I have had it up over 500 F

Back