Southwick Mass. Grillin n Daze July 15th

Skidder

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Go to Grill n Daze or Southwick Rotary in Ma. July 15th. Great time for all. Thanks It's a bbq and chili contest very laid back or contact Bob Fox at1-413-579-4585 need more teams backyard firefighters police military anyone call is out to all

I tried to call Bob, but couldn't get through.

Do you know the answers to the following:

1) How is the judging run?
2) Who does the judging?
3) Does the entry fee cover all three BBQ categories? If so, what do they mean by additional entries are $50.00? Are they saying that we can enter multiple turn-in boxes of ribs as long as we pay $50.00 each?
4) Is there a fee for vending? I saw the form, but no mention was made of a fee.
5) How much space do you get?
6) What does it mean that all meats must be stored in separate containers? Do I need a separate cooler for my beef, pork and chicken?
7) Do they provide electrical and water?

Thanks!

Eric

I tried to call Bob, but couldn't get through.

Do you know the answers to the following:

1) How is the judging run?
2) Who does the judging?
3) Does the entry fee cover all three BBQ categories? If so, what do they mean by additional entries are $50.00? Are they saying that we can enter multiple turn-in boxes of ribs as long as we pay $50.00 each?
4) Is there a fee for vending? I saw the form, but no mention was made of a fee.
5) How much space do you get?
6) What does it mean that all meats must be stored in separate containers? Do I need a separate cooler for my beef, pork and chicken?
7) Do they provide electrical and water?

Thanks!

Eric
Judging is local celebs and town folks entry is for all 3 plus you can enter more than once in each category
I think its $50 to vend but free if you enter
pretty much as much space as you need very laid back
no seperate cooler needed but health dept. does come and check your site
I believe both are there

I cooked this last year and vended. The health department conducted a standard inspection, nothing unusual. We did ok vending, not great, but the crowds were smaller than expected because it was extremely hot. The competition, I really don't know the process they used but we took first place in two of three categories so I have to say the judging was spot on :). They gave these great little mini Weber grills as trophies too, and paid decent cash prizes. Overall we were treated very well, and it was a nice, small, local event.

Back