Q Area

ZILLA

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
How many folks here have a seperate area just the BBQ equipment and such? Any seperate patio's, covered, or not?

I've got a seperate shed for storage of ice chest, rib rack, spare shelves, etc. Right now it has a stack of split oak in it and a chipper/shredder. :eek: The ice chests, storage boxes, etc. are in the garage (1/2 the garage was enclosed by the previous owner for pantry and office - so I have the "front" half available for storage, shop, etc.)

A lot of this stuff migrated to the garage since I have the Kingfisher next to the driveway in the front of the house. I just setup one of the tables and voila', instant outdoor kitchen. Also, I got tired of schlepping it from the back everytime Tim and I headed out for a competition.

The WSM is residing on the lanai since it was raining the last time I used it. The gas grill is sited just out of the lanai area.

Eventually I'll get my "outdoor" kitchen put together and a seperate wood storage area setup.

Well... It depends on who you ask :-D The deck is pretty much mine, but only because I have slowly expanded the room I need out there. Otherwise, I store stuff in the garage or basement when its no tin use.

Yes I do. 8 x 16 foot steel roof. Side by side refrigerator with ice maker and a padlock,sink with hot and cold water,lockable aluminum tool box built in under the bar, and wireless internet. I live out there from late April until the middle of October. The pic is the skd under an umbrella cooking in the rain.

Attachments

• rain fly 5.jpg
    rain fly 5.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 292
Nice setup Kevin. My setup goes where ever I can taunt my neighbors the most. When we smoke, the neighbors behind us sit on their patio just to catch a wiff of sweet blue while wiping the drewel from their jowls.

Where I live land is tight. Most building lots are about 25 feet wide by 90 feet long.

My property is 50x100 so I'm a land baron. Even with the extra space, wherever the smoker is at a given time, is the kitchen space for the day.

Guido

Yeppers!! built an 8X20 covered area to the side of main patio just for cooking-elec-lights-even hot & cold water.

I hAve a back deck the width of the house. The bbq area is between the back door and the spa.

looks alot prettier in the spring. :cool:

Attachments

• stiched pics.jpg
    stiched pics.jpg
    258.9 KB · Views: 262
  • DSCN0432.JPG
    DSCN0432.JPG
    92.3 KB · Views: 261
And I have a question... Is the trick at the Bash to walk on the grass or the rocks on the grass? :confused:

Jesus, Phil! I wanna know how you keep that grass mowed in the rocks! :eek: Good looking cook area though!

tommykendall said:
And I have a question... Is the trick at the Bash to walk on the grass or the rocks on the grass? :confused:

Just pee on it you can't go wrong..................

Nice setup Kevin. And the Poohbah has the equipment goin on!!

Ive got an Outdoor Kitchen plan in the works.

Jeff_in_KC said:
Jesus, Phil! I wanna know how you keep that grass mowed in the rocks! :eek: Good looking cook area though!

I was wondering about the same thing.

no snow here..

the pic is a work in progress pic.. the rocks were placed on top of the grass, they were dug into the grass later on. that was pre MOAB..

Back