Crab Stuffed Salmon and Smoky Rice

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I used the Hasty Bake charcoal cooker...

14312418.jpg

left the skin on the bottom of salmon and trimmed the sides...

f67aa485.jpg

83382294.jpg

inserted lemon slices into slits in the salmon...

647abcb6.jpg

made crab stuffing..
2 cups crab meat
3 minced scallions
1 clove minced garlic
salt to taste
lemon pepper seasoning to taste

c5ab88b5.jpg

inserted crab stuffing into slits in salmon..

bf798227.jpg

drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with lemon pepper seasoning

e0a77c67.jpg

into the Hasty Bake with hot coal rack set just above the "smoke" level

e4479b96.jpg

made the rice with chicken stock, minced scallions and herbs...Placed it on the top rack of the cooker...

b1dc0c73.jpg

f5a1d9eb.jpg

I cooked until juice formed on top..

9f05338e.jpg

ebcaeac4.jpg

Crab stuffed salmon with smoked rice...

1ebeacfb.jpg

98aa6b72.jpg

36294d6c.jpg

I really liked this stuff. :grin:
Thanks for looking!

Not only is that Salmon and Rice truly outstanding, that Hasty Bake is so danged clean it looks like you've used it once since you got it!

Outstanding!

Cheers!

Bill

36294d6c.jpg

Jeanie... I knew this would be killer before I even opened the thread and my initial thoughts were confirmed. Outstanding! :mrgreen:

Last edited:
Outstanding Jeanie! I grilled a big filet of salmon for my daughter on Father's Day but the added crab meat stuffing is a huge upgrade.

Outstanding Jeanie!! Gotta try that.

I'm with Bill, but that must be the first shot of the Hasty after you got it, right?

Jeanie, you're a non-stop awesome pron machine! My lovely wife, who is allergic to seafood, is out of town so I figured I'd make the best of the situation and have lots of seafood while she's gone - this just got on the list! :thumb:

You had me at the title All I can say is OMG That looks ABSOLUTELY AWESOME:hail::hungry::jaw:

Can I ask about the rice? It looks precooked. If so how long did you allow it to smoke? And did you like how the rice turned out. Thanks for the awesome pictures and ideas.

Thank you friends! It's becoming one of my favorite ways to cook salmon. :)

Thanks Hook, Phrasty and Al! :grin:

Neil thanks...that was nice of you to grill salmon for your daughter on Father's Day. You're a great dad. :cool:

I'll swap you a Pirate Hat for a Hasty Bake....

Thank you Bill and Gary! It is a pic when it was new. The outside still looks pretty but the inside looks like :wacko: :-D.
I really love that pirate had Bill... dang, that's a tough choice! :becky:

Now that is gorgeous! I see you like that sharp finger too.

Thank you Blue! I do love that sharp finger. :becky:

Thank you Johnny!
Aqua, I woulda shared with ya. :) Thanks!

Thanks Funvet and Phu!!

Epic noms, do you know the points you just scored me with the GF? :mrgreen:

hahaaa... That's great! Thanks Schlickenmeyer!

Jeanie, you're a non-stop awesome pron machine! My lovely wife, who is allergic to seafood, is out of town so I figured I'd make the best of the situation and have lots of seafood while she's gone - this just got on the list! :thumb:

Greg sorry to hear your Mrs is allergic! Thanks for the kind comment.. :)

lol Big George....thanks!!

Can I ask about the rice? It looks precooked. If so how long did you allow it to smoke? And did you like how the rice turned out. Thanks for the awesome pictures and ideas.

Thank you Dat'L Grill! I used instant rice, chicken stock, herbs and scallions. I place the dish uncovered in the smoker. When the liquid is absorbed I remove it and cover until needed. It takes about 20 minutes.
I've tried regular rice but it takes a lot longer.

Rice takes on a nice smokey flavor.. I love making fried rice with smoked rice too.
Thanks again!

Guerry...thanks friend!! :-D

Back