Critic My Chicken Box Please!

Shiz-Nit

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Critic My Chicken Box Please!

_MG_6132.jpg

Thanks for looking

I would prob get a 7 at a contest, maybe an 8. Color looks decent, but but maybe cook a few more thighs so you get 6 that are pretty much the same size. Make sure to get the glaze more even, especially the front left one.

i would echo the sizing issue making them all uniform and make sure the glaze is even

Looks like seeds or small piece of garlic of bottom left and top left. Nice color. A few straggler parsely stems could be evened out. Parsely look dry so you might spray with water or apple juice before placing chicken in box. Chicken could use a spritz of apple juice to give a moister look. Bottom left and top left thighs don't seem to match the other four. I think a stong 7 on appearence possible 8.

I'd give it a 9. Looks like chicken, not a muffin. Think most folks here are way to picky on being identical. When you cook meat it changes shape. Looks like it was glazed excellently. I'd want to eat that. If you worry about the shape police cut off the one knuckle on each piece when trimming (it shows top right). That should also let you pack the box with 9 pieces. If its well cooked more is better.

Looks like a solid 8 to me sizing needs just a little work and glaze is slightly uneven. As far as parsley ehhh who cares its a MEAT contest

Pics are tough sometimes to tell, but I'm thinking 9. Looks like BBQ'd chicken thighs, the kind I'd like to eat.

I'd give it a 9. Looks like chicken, not a muffin. Think most folks here are way to picky on being identical.

There is always room for improvement. Chicken is a tough catagory. Most chicken scores are very tigtly bunched so any one thing can make the difference between a top 10 score or middle of the road.

Used thighs, looks like blues hog, used parsley..so, probably a person who know how the game is played, so probably tastes ok too.. maybe..

8.. just too saucy for me.. can feel the sauce on the gums and teeth just looking at it.

Solid 8. Could convert that into a 9 by straining the sauce and having all the thighs looking like the middle 2.

I can understand how the little details can be the difference in getting a call or not. I'm new to the forum and making my first trip to the American Royal. It will also be my first KCBS rules event. After reading some of these responses, I realize there's a whole lot more to consider in a KCBS event than I'm used to. The neighbor's are going to get fat on all the practicing I'll be doing. I thought that box was awesome!!

I'd give it an 8.
Pieces should be more similar in size and shape, and sauce each piece to look like the one next to it. Good color and I like that it looks like chicken!

Add me to the chorus of solid 8s. A 9 is reserved for a perfect looking presentation and this is not perfect to my eye for the same reasons the others have stated.

8 due to size difference looks good like the color.:clap:

I would say an 8 also -- maybe even a 9. Definitely looks appetizing.

Solid 8. Char on middle left sets it apart and cost you a point. Keith

Back