Need advice on cooking Ribs/Beef tonight to serve tomorrow...

NorCalTDS

Got Wood.
Reaction score
Hey All, I’m cooking two racks of Baby Backs and a 6lb Boneless Cross Rib Roast tonight to serve at the family dinner tomorrow.

Now, usually I just cook ‘em, cut ‘em and eat ‘em, so I need some advice on storing them tonight and re-heating them tomorrow so they don’t get served overcooked…

I slathered the ribs with yellow mustard then rubbed them with brown sugar and Butt Rub. I rubbed the Beef with a Prime Rib rub I made at home. They’ve both been wrapped in the fridge since last night.

I’m also cooking a couple of Fatties, but I should be able to figure those out!

Any suggestions are more than welcome!

What I really need to know is... Should I undercook everything tonight then foil it and refrigerate it and finish it in the oven tomorrow?

Or should I just smoke it like I always would, then warm it up real slow tomorrow in the oven and hope for the best?

I'm not real excited about either option but we are travelling for dinner so I gotta make due...

I avoided this earlier in case someone had tried this with a roast like that, and you could use their advice instead of mine.

With the ribs, you're fine. I've reheated lots of ribs, even BB's with no touble. I foil them and reheat them.

The roast worries me a bit though, because I imagine it might suffer from the cooing and reheating. Not to mention that you are supposed to reheat cooked roast beef to at least 145 according to the food police, which might be more done than you wanted for your beef roast.

I've never done this, but I have reheated leftover roast for sammiches or even for gravy or pot pies countless times. It's never "as good" as the first day though, but is still very good in my opinion. Just be prepared for this loss is the best I can recommend, that way you are not disappointed.

I would reheat the roast in foil gently to 145. That's your only option really, unless someone here has other experiences to share.

Alright guys, I really appreciate the tips!

I think I might make up some kind of a beer mustard or something to serve with the Beef in case it's a little dry from the re-heat...

When I re-heat, you think oven at what, 200-225??

Back