Bringing home another Lang

BBQ Bandit

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
What is it with my luck in Virginia... the third Lang... picked up again in Virginia... for the third time!

The Lang 84 Kitchen... already on custom wheels with new spindles (low profile golf cart wheels)... saving me time and money getting to that point.

The funny thing is... it has a smaller footprint than the Lang 60 mobile and only 300 lbs. heavier... considering the weight of the trailer axle, leafsprings, and the trailer tongue being a third of the weight on the Lang 60. Will fit perfectly in the trailer.

Thanks to Tennessee Jed for meeting me and handling the transition without a glitch.

Told the wife to hit me with a cast iron skillet if I'm talking about another smoker bigger than the 84.... I'm done.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Tennessee Jed saying goodbye to his girl... its in good hands now.

FWIW: The 60 mobile is already spoken for... by another Brethren Brother.

Looking good, Bob! Now, it's time to upgrade to that 104. :becky:

Great score Bob. Suprised to read you are getting rid of the 60-After all you have done with it. I cant wait to add the full-sized sliding top grate to mine. thanks again for the inspiration.

Looking good, Bob! Now, it's time to upgrade to that 104. :becky:

Or maybe the dual 84?

Guyz... with all due respect... Bite me. :boxing::boxing::boxing:
My Wife is already warmed up... and found the cast iron skillet.

Great score Bob. Suprised to read you are getting rid of the 60-After all you have done with it. I cant wait to add the full-sized sliding top grate to mine. thanks again for the inspiration.

True enuff... didn't think I'd run out of space on the 60 already... the second shelf was to max out its capacity.

I remember a ways back... it was just a matter of time... predicted by a few Brothers an 84 found its way into my hands.

Good for you that's a great buy. If I wasn't so far away I would of been all over that. I just sold my Lamg60D and plan on getting the Lang84D this spring............

Congrats on the new toy Bob. Me, I'm holding out for the twin 104.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

On edit, I just talked to Kathy about it and she said "Get two, they're small."

Dude, you really think she would let me really get a quad 104?!?!?!

The next day... after unloading/returning the trailer... some details.
Boy is she a big one... here is the Glamazon!
[Slightly wet... dripping from the morning dew].

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Firebricks, baffle opening and twin daisy wheels for the exhaust

picture.php

The selling feature were the added wheels/axles/spindles/bearings added to the lower caster wheel base. Had no problem rolling the kitchen off the trailer ramp with a hand winch... which there is a 1 ton (12 volt) winch just waiting for her in the enclosed trailer. Would have been nearly impossible to maneuver single handedly with the existing casters on grass... which the tires raised off the grass (casters left in place)... giving her a wider depth between wheels.

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
Back