vending ?

timmy7649

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
when vending chicken or tri tip. how do you hold there temp. tri tip i never cook to the temp your supossed to hold the meat at. any thoughts would be great. plan on tri tip and pulled chicken sammy's. hate for things to dry out!!thanks a bunch!!
tim

When I vend tri-tip, I slice them and then hold in a half steam pan with some yoshidas cut with some water. I hot hold the tri-tip whole and slice up one or two at a time depending on how busy it gets. Stays moist and tender, never any complaints. Never vended pulled chicken.

has to be kept above 140F or served immediately. That's the law. I don't cook tri-tip above 125-130 but I could hold it in an aujus so long as everything was above 140.

Chicken can be held at 140 just fine but it will start to dry out. You need to have some broth with it and need to keep stirring.

cool thanks guys. for some reason i thought you had to hold every thing at 160* but 140* i can live with. thanks again.

Double check your local health department on holding procedure and temp.

If you are worrying about holding too long, make sure you do in small batches. If you are vending and you are busy enough food will not dry out, if it sits long enough to dry out never go to that event again!:p

Never really thought about it that way but Jacked UP has a good point! I cook chicken in batches. Dark meat only then break it down a half pan at a time, with a little sauce in there and foil the lid. Out here I have to be ready by about 9 am for the markets or people will be in a huff.

Back