Phubar's Penne Rigate with Pangasius ala Ross Pron

Phubar

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Yesterday I was busy in the garden and forgot to buy groceries for my guest.
She brought some tomatoes,zucchini,Pangasius filet.....and drinks for the Chef!:cool:
I decided to make a smoked penne rigate dish and smoked Pangasius on a bed of lemon...thanks Ross!:thumb:

I filled the silicone container with penne rigate,cream,Gouda,zucchini,red onions,homemade Italian tomato sauce and more Gouda.
The Pangasius was rubbed with some good a$$ fish seasoning that I still had.
Half of the zucchini was still left so I thin sliced them,coated them with olive oil,salt/pepper and smoked them.
After they were smoked I layed them in a vinigraitte that had garlic and fruity balsamico.
The UDS with all 3 intakes open ran at about 400F.

Phu's secret pasta tip from now on...let your pasta cook in a nice sauce instead of pre-boiling it in water.:cool:

BTW...I burned out the mini barrel to get the little remains of the gear oil out and to get the paint off the outside for that Ugly look.:cool:

IMG_1401.jpg

IMG_1403.jpg

IMG_1405.jpg

IMG_1404.jpg

IMG_1409.jpg

IMG_1408.jpg

IMG_1412.jpg

Looks really good. I like that lemon under the fish thing, gonna have to try that.

Fish cooked indirectly over lemon slices is a wonderful thing; it really gives a great flavor to the fish. And that pasta looks fantastic! :thumb:

Phubar it looks as if you guys had a romantic evening...And man that view including a dramatic light show from the burning drum...It doesn't get any better than that LOL

Back