22" WSM owners

Norcoredneck

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Let's just say a guy flipped the center section of a WSM how would it rest on a 22" kettle? Would it seal? Then would a 22" kettle lid fit the bottom that is now the top?

All good questions. I don't know but I will try it and see. By my guesstimates I am only 5'7" tall and just guessing that would put the top rack at almost eye level and I would also think that it woud be top heavy therefore making it easy to tip over. Just my opinion.

I don't know about a 22 for sure but here is what I can tell you. I can put the center sction of my 18" on top of my 18' weber kettle, perfect fit. the 18" lid fits perfectly on the bowl where the charcoal goes in the wsm. the weber 18" lid will not fit on the top of the wsm center section it flops around but it should fit on the bottom.

My conclusion about wsm construction that I came to while drinking heavily is. The bottom and lid of them are simply weber charcoal bowls with daisy wheel temp holes in them instead of one touch holes.

I hope this helps, I know your question is for the bigger model but I think they are built the same way.

It ends up tall and ungainly when you do this but it has made me consider buying a WSM stacker for the old 18" one touch.

I'm sure it would, though waiting on the arrival of my 22inch WSM so can't confirm. I use a flipped over Pro-Q center piece on an 18.5 inch weber grill and the lid works just fine. The only thing that needed some adjustment was the position of the grates.

CIMG0216_1cde7Large.jpg

BTW, Norco, I was just thinking about doing the same thing (assuming my 22 inch is rescued from Bobo by then) for thanksgiving to give me more clearance for grilling a turkey.

Back