From Squid to Exsquisite?

buccaneer

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Lovely squid tubes were reasonable, and I was looking for something light and punchy.
The kitchen was all seafood because I was using prawn goodies to make a broth for Tom Yum Goong anyway, so why not enhance by doing a squid dish and taking advantage?
I'll show you what I mean.
I warn you the pics are from my iphone, not good.
Mise en place is crucial.
A French term for having everything set out before turning n the heat to cook, but the practice came about in China an eon before the French had discovered what a restaurant was.
Stir frying means being ready or failing.
Garlic and dried chili and all the sauce and vinegar and oils in a bowl.(sesame oil, soy, white vinegar, sugar)

Next, I used the prawn broth to poach the squid that I had cut and prepped, just for 60 seconds.

Heat a little oil up to medium high and add the hard ingredients and fry till the garlic changes colour and add the squid and toss, then the bowl of sauces and oils
http://s1283.photobucket.com/user/Generalissmo/media/GungPohSquid3_zps48f6db0d.jpg.html

Serve on a plate with some bean shoots and peanuts for texture and crunch, and some fresh lime juice to squeeze over.
A punchy spicy yet tart and sweet Gung Poh Prawns!

Thanks Brethren
:yo:

Your squid technique kills me every time. Love the way it comes out, at some point I will try this.

I do not judge, ya wanna play with your squid down under. Hey, go for it.

Buccas knows my respect for his Asian food chops

What is this beast you refer to as squid? Is it squealing pig skin? The grain looks similar to Lardon that has been etched with a laser saber or something of that calibur. Are you sure that it is safe for you to consume? Perhaps there are particles of carbon left behind that are toxic. Use caution and check frequently with a Geiger Counter. A Thermopen is useless for these readings. PROBE PROBE PROBE my friend.

How did you get that pattern in your squid? It's interesting.

GREAT LOOKING SQUID! I got some frozen that came from California and it was great.

Not sure how he did it but I bet he cut the tubes into slices and then cut a cross hatch pattern in it. Only go about half way through. When ya cook it it'll curl up like that. I've only cooked it once like that in a wok and it did the same thing. Good stuff.

Back