Roll Call. Inside 30 days. BBQ Kookoff Benton, Ky April 1&2 2011

The Q Factor (Ques Your Daddy and H*QUE under one team) will be there - looking forward to it!

Rural Route BBQ will be there. We are about new as new can be. Take it easy on us rookies.

We managed to slide into the last spot after Rooter Tooter BBQ couldn't make it and dropped out. It's been a LONG offseason. I'm ready to knock the cobwebs off.

We will be there. This one is pretty local for us. Everyone stop by and say hi, would love to get to know more folks!

Rural Route BBQ will be there. We are about new as new can be. Take it easy on us rookies.

We arent much more seasoned lol. We have done a lot of local events, none KCBS sanctioned though. We typically go to Memphis in May as a part of a larger team. Talk about two extreme sides of the coin lol. Our motto this year is any place but last place lol.

We are scrambling to finish up the walls and wiring of our new BBQ Battle Fortress before the contest. The A/C came last week but we ran out of time to get it installed. Not that big of a deal I guess. We were more likely to use the heating element in it more than the actual A/C portion. We've already bitten off more than we can chew this year.
a6cd0f3d-e5c1-8e9b.jpg

Probably won't be a pot luck, but there's a lot of junk food from the vendors around, corn dogs, funnel cakes, and a pizza hut down the street. I should be there early evening thursday.

We wont be in till late morning on Friday, but if anyone wants to stop by we will be enjoying some JD Single Barrel.

I just got my trailer last weekend.. no time to do anything to it except put some tie-down anchors in. The weather is looking pretty good for Saturday, although I believe it's gonna be a little chilly at night. I won't be around until Friday morning.. does anyone know when the cooks meeting is or when they will be inspecting meat. This is my first comp and I half expected to get some kinda packet with that info, but all I got was a conformation e-mail.

cooks meeting is usually around 4-5ish, meat inspection who knows...some do it right when you get there some wait a while.

Back