View Single Post
Old 06-29-2006, 07:38 PM   #8
MilitantSquatter

Never been there..but hopefully I'll get to try it soon...

(Smoker...don't get me started too about the critic with the purple glasses at our table... He may know the top chefs and have eaten at every French cusine restaurant in NYC (as he so boldly made clear to the table) but he don't know jack chit abouthalfway decent BBQ..., especially when he scored the best dessert of the day a 1. Now if he would have listened for two minutes during the rules briefing, he would have known that is not allowed).

Still, it hopefully brought some exposure to Grillin on the Bay and that is what matters most....

Food critics, in my opinion are for the most part worthless and biased even if they say they are not. They are still getting paid by the paper or magazine. If they don't jazz up a review and show their true "ability" to critique, the article is a bad read.
XL BGE (#2) & Performer Platinum

Former owner: Jambo Backyard, Klose BYC, Lonestar Vertical offset w/ Insulated Firebox, Medium Spicewine, Pitts & Spitts, XL BGE (#1) & (2) Medium BGE's, 22" WSM & (2) 18" WSM's, 18" & 22" Weber Kettles
MilitantSquatter is offline   Reply With Quote