scrapyard find - gloat

frankH

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I found 7 weber 22.5" kettle lids at my local scrap yard. Couldn't pass them up at scrap prices. Some are a little banged up, and the handles are gone, but it's obvious they've never been used. All have AU date codes which is pretty new i believe. The scrap guy didn't know where they came from.

2012-08-03

Way to scrounge!

3 of them will go on UDSs of mine and a friends. i'll probably sell the rest on craigslist for others to use on UDSs.

Other than that, i don't know of a use for them. Too bad i didn't find 7 kettles, and 7 sets of legs.

Can I pm you about buying a couple of them, sir?

I'd like to have one or two if you can spare. I'll pay ya.

Thanks

You could always call Weber and tell them that your Kettle, legs, triangle, wheels, ash catcher, cleaning system, charcoal grate, cooking grate and handles just disintegrated.On your.......ahem......7 grills. :biggrin1:

Nice score! My WSM was purchased new in June, and also has the AU code, so I'm guessing those lids you found are fairly new.

Frank I live in OP what scrap yard are you going too if you don't mind me asking?

Asner Iron and Metal down in the West Bottoms. It's the only scrap yard i've found that will sell to the public. Most places don't want to carry the insurance required to let you browse.

I was down there looking for bits and pieces for a insulated cooker build.

What were you looking for? I might have saw it.

Great find. I'd throw them up on CL and list them as UDS weber lids and charge 15 a piece.

Back