Rib tips for dinner....Pronski

BobBrisket

Reaction score
4246608084_3737dd9e1f.jpg

Pork tips with a Jim Beam Sauce glaze, Orzo and Pastina sopa, and some broc and cauli in a motzarella sauce.
My son tore up the tips, my daughter the pasta, and my wife (who doesn't like cauli or broc) tore up the veggies with the cheese sauce. I think these tips are what they call feather bones. These are the very tips of the rack and the bones are flat and rounded. The last few batches have been like this. Prior to that the rib tips at WM were more like the second cut.
NJOY!

I know not what everything you mentioned is but the picture looks good.

Looks great...except for the Broc. No matter what you cover it up with, it never passes my lips. I'll just pick out and eat the Cauli. I saw some of the rib tips at the grocery today for the first time, so will have to get some and try them.

Nice looking plate there Bob. You can buy just rib tips?

Looks great...except for the Broc. No matter what you cover it up with, it never passes my lips. I'll just pick out and eat the Cauli. I saw some of the rib tips at the grocery today for the first time, so will have to get some and try them.

I hear ya! It's one of them things where I try to sneak veggies past the kids (and wife) any way I can. My son will eat all the buds off the broc but he won't eat the cauli. My daughter.......she pretty much just had a piece or two (better than nothing). My wife, pretty much had the whole batch of veggies.
I probably shouldn't mention this here, but I never met a veggie I didn't like (closet vegan mod:eek:).
The cheese sauce really does help!:lol:

Tell me you eat BBQ tempeh and I will believe you are vegan.

Nice looking plate there Bob. You can buy just rib tips?

WM has em from time to time. You can't beat the price either. $1.98lb, total weight about 3lbs. Lil under 6 bucks for the package. It had about 10-12 strips in it. Even got some leftover for lunch tomorrow.

Thanks again everyone!

The two pastas were something new. We hadn't tried that orzo pasta before. The pastina is the small star shaped ones. I think it's meant more for soups, but the kids got a kick out of em. I told em they were stars and moons..........they ate it. Whatever works! :)

Very nice, Bob. I love me some rib tips, and sopas....The only sopas I get to eat anymore says Lipton on the package......(_x_)

Oh that sure looks tasty Bob..... I'd could go for a plate or two :rolleyes: :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Very nice looking plate. I will admit that I too love veggies. Unlike most, my kids love broccoli but hate other veggies. They even refuse mashed taters. Not sure what I've done to them.

Nice lookin Plate there Bob,, I have bought those Tps before at WM,, and they are real good,, Don't they call them Riblits.. any I'd hit that whole Plate,

Nice lookin Plate there Bob,, I have bought those Tps before at WM,, and they are real good,, Don't they call them Riblits.. any I'd hit that whole Plate,

I checked the package and it said pork rib tips. But this is a different cut from what they usually sell. They griil up indirectly very nicely.
Thanks again, Bob.

I hate to even admit this but for ten years I trimmed my ribs and threw the tips away. Then I started saving them for some ungodly reason. Well back in the fall I decided to smoke a few. Who knew (not me) how much meat these things had on them and so very tasty. Guess I'm never to old to learn.

Back