Weber Advice

JONESY

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Hey guys I need some advice. I need a second gasser for the lake house and I found a guy with a 3 burner Weber Genesis for $35. He says all it needs are new flavorizor bars, and it will be ready to go. What are your experiences with these things, what else should I look for when I go look at it.

how old is it? the only thing i would look out for is rustng out in spots. sounds like a good deal though.

I don’t think its that old. It has the thermoset work tables. Below is a picture of it.

Attachments

• 3nf3m73l75Pe5Sc5R89ak42502b7cfcba1bc3.jpg
    3nf3m73l75Pe5Sc5R89ak42502b7cfcba1bc3.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 219
Jump! The Flavorizer bars are in stock at HD here and they are easy to replace. I'd grab it at $35. That's a fairly new model too. 5 or 6 yrs old I'd say. I've had mine for 7 or 8 yrs and it has never let me down.

Pull out the large grease tray at the bottom and check to see if the rails that hold it to the main grill are rusted out (not the small grease pan holder that hangs down, but the large drawer like pan). Typically that is the only trouble spot on those that is not obvious. All other parts can be replaced if needed. Other than that looks like a great deal, scarf it up before someone else does.

Mine is 10 years old at least, load that sucker up before someone else figures out the price. Look at the price of a new one, you shouldn't even have to think. The burners are stainless, bars are cheap. That is all the parts that you would replace.

Thanks for all the advice guys. I grabbed it for $30. New flavorizer bars and a little cleaning it will be all set to go. I threw a propane tank on it last night and it fired up nice and hot. Now I see the popularity of these models, this thing is well made.

Are their new models as well built as these? I may be replacing my gasser at home too….

Absolutely grab it at that price! Mine is now 13 or 14 years old. I've replaced the cast iron grates once,, the burners once (2 years ago) and the flavorizer bars once or twice over the years. Still using the original ignitor, although I almost never use it these days, except to store my Eggcessories:p

The original wooden slat shelves on mine finally gave out and I replaced them with the new plastic kind. Works just like new.

If you take reasonable care of them they'll last a good long time!

It's hard to beat a Weber. For the price is a steel new flavor bars and she last a long time. nice find!

I bought mine around 1995. Replaced the bars and burners once. I had to fab up some rails to hold the bottom on because they rotted out out. That was about 4 years ago. You got a good deal. It is a nice grill.

Back