New Pellet-Pooper from Brinkman?

I saw that one in a catalog that came a couple days ago as well.

Looks like an interesting unit, at 908 square inches it would have more shelf space than a Traeger Texas or a Yoder 640. I question the description of being able to sear though as clipped below. Not a bad price for that much shelf area, unless the shelves are 3 inches apart, lol. Next time I am in Cabela's I will have to take a look.

brinkmann_100x11.gif
Brinkmann Vertical Pellet Grill

• Rugged steel construction
    • Four chrome-plated cooking grates offer 908 sq. in. of space
    • Digital thermostat allows for accurate temperature control
Smoke, bake, sear or grill everything from wild game and fish to garden vegetables and seafood, all in the convenience of your own backyard. Designed to evenly distribute heat while retaining moisture, the Brinkmann Vertical Pellet Grill uses a digital thermostat for accurate temperature control, as well as a porcelain-coated water pan to ensure your meals are cooked perfectly every time. The large 908-sq.-in. chrome-plated grilling surface boasts four cooking grates, as well as hanging hooks so you'll always have plenty of room for everything on the menu. Heavy-gauge steel construction. Includes a hinged door to lock in flavor. Operates efficiently on food-grade wood-pellet fuel (not included). Imported.
57"H x 38"W x 20"D.

Maxed out on the bottom shelf, I think it could put a sear on meat. I know my little Country Smoker on full boogie 600º will sear meat.

It's interesting for sure, I'm with you though, I'm not sure about searing but, an upright smoker like that won't have as much issue with heat retention as heat likes to rise. May need some mods here or there for the door but, overall, I think it could be a promising cooker!

Sorry to necro-post here. But saw one of these at a grocery store (lawn & garden section) this morning.

Anybody have one or know anybody with one? I generally disklike Brinkmann but . . .

I noticed that. I'm kinda intrigued by vertical smokers, and even pellets.

But if it's Brinkmann, it's probably junk! :icon_clown

Back